Chapter 44 - Longing

"Now, will you tell me what's on your mind?" He said wiping his hands with the tissue she gave him. 

"Hmm...We are going shopping." She replied as she started packing the covers and tiding up the table.

"What?" He looked at her dumbfounded.

"Yes. Shopping. You need better clothes."

"Excuse me. Better clothes?" He looked at his shirt and blazer. " Do you see these? I have multiple of these perfect clothing. "

She looked up at him, giving a sugary smile. "Mr. Husband, I know that. But how many jeans? Just two. How many normal t-shirts? Four. How many pajama-kurtas ? Nil. "

"Anika. This makes me look handsome."

"Done?" She gave him a look. "Now, who told you that?"

"Your eyes!" He said without thinking.

She couldn't help but let that curve form on her face. Two things he just perfectly had his way with – words and her. "My eyes are liars. You look like an uncle. That's why kids call me aunty."

"What!" He exclaimed looking at her lamely.

"Exactly! Uncle type."

"Wait. You are saying I look like an uncle. That's why you want me to wear jeans and t-shirts?"

"Of course. "

"I don't believe this." He said throwing his hands in air. "And why pajama-kurta?"

"Because I like you in that!" Anika said getting up to throw away the covers.

"Hmm..interesting. But I have work."

"I am not buying that reason!"

"You've to. I need to finish a lot today."

She looked at him and knew he wasn't lying.

"Alright let's split the work. Tell me what I can do."

"Anika...its okay, you don't have to. We'll go shopping some other day."

"No. We are going today after we finish your work. "

"Anika."

"Shivaay."

"Fine!" He said giving up and walking to his table. He stacked up a pile. "Here you go, analyse these and form a report for each. Twelve months, so twelve files and thus there should be twelve reports."