Chapter 3 - Incredulity

An irked Anika returned home to find immediate happiness sweeping her off her feet. She was welcomed by not just her parents from marriage but her parents from birth as well. She ran quickly hugging her mother and father. "Oh my! What a pleasant surprise!"  She kissed her Maa's forehead. Then gave her Paa, her father, a warm hug.

Shivaay's mother Pinky smiled. "See Someone forgot me already!"

"Offo, Mumma!" Anika hugged her as well. "I am so happy. " she beamed in joy looking at her Papa, then at Shivaay's Dad, Shakti. "See Papa, someone learned to surprise!" She hugged him as well.

"Offo Anika, she can't surprise. This I tell by experience. Nothing sits in her stomach for too long." Shakti joked. The others laughed.

Pinky and Shakti began their banter while Anika and her parents looked at the duo in awe. 

"Maa-Paa..I am so happy to see you!" She smiled at them. In a while, this was the best day.

"Well the credit goes to someone else!" Her mother 's eyes twinkled.

"Hmm.." She hummed, "let me make a guess..." She looked at each face closely. She could read all their faces. Now, something was up. Before she could say something two hands covered her eyes from behind. Anika gasped. Now, now, who was this?

She slowly felt the strong palms. Going further her hands felt a shirt and then a blazer over it. She sniffed, the perfume wasn't familiar. But her heart skipped beats. Who could this be?

Only when a familiar voice rang in her ears, she knew who it was. 

"Surprise!"

Her heart sank. It was him!

He removed his hands and her eyes settled to light again. Her heart forgot to beat. She hadn't felt this mad churning in her stomach even when she had first met him. 

He slowly came to her side and grinned

He slowly came to her side and grinned. Her eyes got lost in exploring him. He had changed so much. Nothing familiar about him she could catch. His full face now was perfectly carved and was a bed to trimmed stubble. His dressing had changed remarkably. His hair had a new style. There was absolutely nothing that was still the same about his appearance. His frame which was used to a simple shirt and jeans now wore a perfectly tailored three-piece suit. His arms and body appeared muscular, more perfect than before. Her gaze slowly swept down. His belly had been transformed into well-carved abs, she could say from the way his shirt highlighted what lay beneath. Her eyes traveled up to his face. His eyes -they were the same. But more highlighted because of the dark stubble.  He was a changed man! Her husband was a changed man!