Task Two: The Note - Male Entries

ROLE ACTIVATION TIMESLOT BEGINS NOW - In the next hour/half hour I will send to you infomation regarding your role. Should you need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Carlyle The Mayor

Joseph couldn't sleep. He couldn't rest until he found out who had killed his daughter. Rubbing his eyes wearily, Joseph set down the book he had been attempting to read by candle light in his study. His wife had just come home and gone to bed but he couldn't rest. Not yet.

Glancing at the grandfather clock just within the circle of the flickering light, Joseph stood up. It was time.

In the week since his daughter's death, Joseph spoke to Lillian once - at the funeral to ensure that she said nothing about their meetings. It had been three days since then, and though the town was rife with suspicion, Joseph felt safe enough to begin their meetings once more. Tonight, they were going to meet an a small cabin on the edge of town. Few people knew of it and those who did assumed it was his private hunting cabin, despite all evidence pointing to the fact that he never hunted. However, he allowed people to believe what they wanted to keep their peace of mind. As long as they didn't bother him, he was content.

At the moment, he cared little for the thoughts of the mindless townspeople, living for gossip and looking no further than their own nose. He had a week's worth of frustration filling him. He need to talk to the gypsy and he needed to release his frustrations.

Quietly walking down the steps, he made she to walk close to the wall, avoiding any creeks that might awaken his wife. Slipping out of the door, he set off on a brisk walk, angling toward the forest. It was the quickest route to the cabin and he wanted to be there before Lillian.

However, halfway to the cabin, Joseph found his feet carrying him in a slightly different direction. Realising where he was going. his heart started to pound.

It's a good idea, he thought, even as his breathing sped up. The scene of the crime. Maybe if I see it now, I'll notice more evidence. He hadn't been back here since the day after the body was found. Maybe someone else visited and left evidence.

As he neared the area, his hands began to shake. He hadn't grabbed a lantern before leaving, trusting his instincts and well beaten path to keep him safe. He was now deeply regretting the decision.

Approaching the exact place, Joseph squinted, trying to see by the dim light of the cloud covered moon. It seemed as if something was there. A large, dark lump. His heart leaped into his throat and he hurried forward, hoping to catch the perpetrator -

Only to stumble back at the moon broke through the clouds and shone like a beacon on the mutilated form of Mr. Elijah Druitt.

Joseph swallowed, heart fluttering. He could see there was something clear and pale set on the torn chest of the man, clear of the blood that covered every other inch of the carcass. Hesitantly, Joseph approached the body. The closer he got, the clearer the pale thing became. A piece of parchment, crisp and clean. Closer he drew, closer. Until he could see the writing. Until he could see the name. His name. Joseph's eyes widened and leaned down and snatch up the note. Spinning around, he ran like he'd never run before. He ran all the way to his cabin, slamming the door shut quickly and leaning against it, trying to catch his breath. The note was still in his hand, now crumpled in his sweaty fist.

Joseph collected himself and collapsed on the bed for a moment before standing again to light the lantern. By its dim light, Joseph carefully smoothed out the note, his eyes darting over it as he took in the words.