Task One: The Funeral - Scores

Off to a really good start it seems! I'm happy to say that all of you who handed in have done extremely well in creating your own style despite the date in which its set and despite my specific details on the town. Now your characters are settled into the world of Salem and your specific style, I look forward to seeing you all explore that.

Unlike in other Author Games, the scores cannot decide who is and who isn't up for votes. They do, however, set ideas of who is where in the competition. Who needs to pick up the pace and who needs to be shot from the top. The scores also decide between tie breaks that may occur throughout the voting periods.

Now not only do you have scores, you also have notes from observations I made while reading your entries. As I said above, these games are not run from the scores I give to you so you are more than welcome to ignore my comments. They are simply there because I needed to keep myself busy today! Do with them what you will.

[Task Two shall be posted sometime tomorrow. Midday BST.]

As the two of you who did not hand in claimed to of actually had some form of an entry but you were faced with difficulties toward the end, you may hand in sometime before the next task is posted. However you will suffer a -2 penalty to your score.

Without further ado, the scores of this task!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mayor - Joseph Carlyle TotTheRussian

SCORED: 7

GAMEMAKERS NOTES: You made a fair few mistakes and grammatical errors, however I liked the basis you set up with your character. His answers to Elijah's questions were emotionally realistic and true to the character you have created. A solid response to the task although regrettably rather short. It would have been nice to see more detail within your characters answers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mayor's Wife Mina Carlyle - GhostOfTheIceberg

SCORED: 11

GAMEMAKERS NOTES: I thought the content of the writing was absolutely excellent in relation to the character. The entire time, despite the entry being in first person, she would state how the town thinks about this or that and who thinks of her as what and why. It entirely made sense when looking at the type of woman your character is. Having said this, I wouldn't want to see it continue like this completely... I look forward to witnessing her development.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Executioner - Murray McTillan MagmaKepner

SCORED: 10

GAMEMAKERS NOTES: Somehow everything about the entry shouted your character and his occupation - maybe it was the weather! The description was fitting for the funeral but I feel there were just a certain few words in the opening paragraphs that were repeated and phrases became difficult to say. Saying that, your characterization was absolutely perfect. I really started to become fascinated by him and loved that each response and thought he gave was realistic, filled with his emotional connection to the town (or lack of a) and connected to his original form. I look forward to seeing his development.