PEOPLE OF SALEM: Thaddeus Adkins - The Priest ✝

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Thaddeus Adkins

Age: 53

Sex: Male

Occupation: The Priest

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance: Thaddeus is a fairly old man for Salem. His hair is almost entirely grey, one small streak of auburn the only hint as to his natural hair color. His face, although once very handsome, has been worn down after many years of stress and aging. Wrinkles line his face, with the notable exception of laughter lines, and it all sags just slightly. Bright blue eyes leap out from his otherwise dull-face. Stern looking, Thaddeus looks like he knows he dirt on everyone in town, and judges them for it. Otherwise a fairly mild man, Thaddeus is particularly thin. He writes this off, noting that nobody else in Salem fasts or gives away their own food to the less fortunate. He is of a little below average height, just tall enough to have his entire face be seen above the altar. Self conscious, he occasionally stands on ruined copies of the hymnal during mass. His age is evident throughout his appearance, giving off exactly the look that comes to mind given his profession and age.

Personality: Ask anyone from Salem about Thaddeus, and they'll basically say the same thing. Demeaning and critical to his core, Thaddeus is able to find fault in anyone but himself. Although he is extroverted, and would enjoy having a conversation with anyone in Salem. Thanks to his condescending nature, not very many enjoy having a conversation with him. Rarely cracking jokes, his conversations are almost always serious, and typically relate back to God in someway. A man of God, Thaddeus tries to live a very moral life. He despises lying, and will tell the truth whether it hurts someone else or not. Because of this, he is not very trustworthy. He doesn't gossip, but if asked directly about something, he will give the information away. He tries to be selfless, but always puts him and his relationship with God above anything else. He will do anything to maintain this relationship, and would sacrifice his life, or someone else's, for the church.

Family Tree: Thaddeus' family is basically nonexistent. He was the seventh born in his family, out of thirteen. However, five of his siblings died before their first birthday, and three more didn't survive childhood. Although such young deaths were common, they still impacted the family. Everyone in his family who was alive when that happened turned to something else. Thaddeus turned to God. He came to the New World roughly twenty years ago, leaving his family behind. His mother and father died about ten years ago, and he doesn't maintain contact with the rest of his family. He is celibate, thus not having any family in Salem.

History: Thaddeus' childhood was fairly ordinary for the time he grew up in. The seventh of thirteen, Thaddeus ended up the third oldest who survived into adulthood. He's always been a man of God, and his most prized possession growing up was his very first Bible. The second he was old enough, he began working in the Catholic Church. He became a priest, and personally asked to come to the New World. He never quite explained his reasons. However, he does like it a lot in Salem. It's a nice and town, and it's a fairly easy job.