PEOPLE OF SALEM: Joana Bradbury - The Landlady

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Joana Bradbury

Age: 29

Sex: Female

Occupation: Owner of the only tavern in town, making her bartender and pub-owner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance: Joana has dark curly hair, green eyes and an always present smile. She’s pretty, even more so when customers have had a couple of drinks, and it has become a local sport to hit on the young owner of the bar. She always politely refuses, though.

Personality: Being brought up in a restaurant with drinking facilities, Joana has always dreamed of her very own tavern. The food part didn’t interest her as much as the idea of a lot of people drinking, laughing and having fun and being the people’s person that she is, she decided to buy the empty building that was up for sale upon arriving in Salem when she was 25.

Family Tree: Originally not from Salem, Joana lived with her parents and siblings in a little town up north. Her mother died when Jo was pretty young, hunting trip gone wrong, and her oldest brother fell into his mothers footsteps when he was old enough to carry a rifle to bring back the fresh meat his mother used to bring. Jo’s father, being more a man of words than a man of rifles, stayed home with the kids and the tavern. When all of them died in a massive fire, leaving Jo alone with her brother who seemed to have disappeared, she took off on her own towards the only relative she could think of. Her uncle, who lived in Salem.

History: Joana’s uncle isn’t just any inhabitant of Salem. Her uncle is the mayor. She realizes that nobody will share anything with her if they know she’s related to the mayor, she keeps their family bond a secret. And this sharing happens a lot in the only alcohol-serving place of Salem. Even though she’s only been in town for four years, Joana is accepted like she has lived there all her life and hears more than just the occasional gossip coming from too-drunk lips.