Chapter 21

We get in and he starts the car. 

"Wait." i said. 

"What?"

"I have to bring my car." I said. 

"I'll send Shane to come get it." He says. Oh. Okay. 

I sit back and buckle my seat. He pulls out of the driveway and we're off to his house. Mia's still asleep. Jeez that girl sleeps like a bear. I turn back around and stare out the window. I feel Ethan's hand on my leg and i put mine over his, but my gaze never leaves the window. I guess it was a good idea that she was at Liza's. The guy or whoever it was, could have easily taken her when she got her clothes. I shake my head. If anything happened to her.....But something doesn't add up. He breaks into my room and leaves through Mia's. And he trashes my room, looking for something maybe? But for what? It doesn't make any sense. I should have checked Aunt Helen's room to see if they'd gotten in hers too. And Mya's. 

The drive was silent. We pulled up onto the driveway of his big house. Next to his car was a black audi. Me and Ethan got out and he grabbed my bag from his trunk and i grabbed Mia. I shut the door and we walked up the pathway to his door. 

"Would your parents mind?" I asked, hesitant. This is really rude. And so not me. 

He opened the door and gestured for me to go in. I stepped in, Mia in my arms. I looked around is house. Wow. To my right was the living room and to my left was a dining room and there was another doorway in there. It must be the kitchen. There were big stairs in front of me. It went up a few steps and then curved to the left and then up. Jeez. The walls were white and the floor was wood. Shining wood. The ceiling was high and there was a chandelier. Fancy. Past the stairs was a walkway from one end to another. Probably to the kitchen and somewhere else. I looked back at the living room and there was a grand piano. Lovely. 

"Wow." I said, looking around again. I turned to him. He was conceited, good looking, and not surprisingly rich. 

"I know." He murmured. 

"Oh she's here." I hear a woman squeal. I turn around and Ethan groans lowly. A brunette haired woman, my size but Aunt Helen's age comes from the dining room, wearing a silver silky robe. She has a light grey streak in her hair. She smiles warmly at me and then hugs me, even though i'm carrying Mia. Okay. I return the hug surprised. She releases me, a warm smile still on her face. 

"Hello my dear. I'm Ethan's mother, Jane. Its so nice to finally meet you. Excuse my attire." She says kindly. I smile at her war welcome. 

"Mrs.Dekard. Its nice to meet you too. And its fine." I said politely. 

"Nonsense. Call me Jane sweetie. Ethan called me and told me what happened and it's fine with me. You can stay here as long as you want." I raise my eyebrows, surprised. He called her? When? "Its a good thing you weren't home. You could have been hurt or something." She says, concern only a mother would have, fills her voice. 

"Thank you. I apologize. I don't mean to intrude..Jane." I said apologetically. 

"Oh stop." She say and puts an arm around me. She turns back. "Ethan dear, go and put Amelia's things in the guest bedroom. Lets sit." She says and leads me to the living room. I hear Ethan shuffle up the stairs as i take a seat on the tan leathered couch. The living room is big. On the wall behind me, is a big book case. A bunch of books are stacked side by side. Another couch faces the fire place. And the piano is near the corner facing the window. Theres a glass coffee table and it looks so delicate. 

Mia moves her face to the crook of my neck and i feel her breathing on me. I rub her back gently. 

"Is this little Mia?" Jane asks.