Chapter 4

I stood facing the wicked witch of the west. She smiled an evil smile and right then, just looking at her, i felt like slapping her. She's someone who you spot and just out of no where, for no good reason, just want to slap the shit out of. My palm was twitching. 

"Well, whose your friend Amelia?" Vicki asked, nodded over my shoulder. i know who she meant. Ethan frickin' Dekard. 

"We're not friends. His name is Ethan." I said, shrugging. Why ask me when he's right there? I'm sure he'll be more than happy to meet the ferocious man eating barbie bitch of the west. They're perfect for each other. 

"Well hello Ethan." She says, passing me and bumping me on the shoulder. It took all of my self control not to shover her stupid ass right back. But i did, unknowingly, turn around to her and i felt i hand on my wrist. I looked up to see Mya. 

"Don't." She said. 

I pulled my wrist free. "I suggest you keep her on a tighter leash. Next time she does that, i won't hesitate." I tell her quietly, but i know she feels how strong the words are. She nods. 

I glance back at Vicki and Ethan, and she's touching his biceps. It irritates me to see her hands on him-whoa!-okay where'd that come from? I shake my head and me and Amanda walked out of the cafeteria, on our way to Calculus. This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder. 

When Calculus was done we walked to the parking lot. We were talking about test we took in british lit. It wasn't even hard. It was, just like i said, all fact questions. 

"So that Ethan guy..." Amanda said as we stopped at my car. 

"What about him?" I asked. Here we go. Yet another poor girl infatuated with him. 

"He was staring at you in Chemistry and in British Lit." She said unexpectedly. 

I snort. "Yeah right. I highly doubt that." I said. 

"No really," She pushed up her glasses. "He wouldn't stop looking at you. Especially when you kept running your fingers through your hair." 

I blushed. Ugh! What the hell was with me today and blushing. 

"You like him?" She asks, raising her eye brows. 

"No i certainly do not." I said quickly. 

She narrowed her at me. "Seriously? He's probably the hottest guy in school and your saying no?"

"Yup."

"Really? Then why are you blushing? You blushed in Chemistry and on the way to British Lit and not to mention, lunch." 

"I didn't blush. It just hot, that's all." I said, running my fingers through my hair. 

"Yeah, right. Your talking to your best friend remember? I've known you since freshman year and have never seen you blush until today with Ethan." She says. 

She has a point but i still didn't know why i was blushing. My thoughts went back to when he held me back and i felt like was an electric current running over me. A pleasant one. I absentmindedly touched my arm where his hands were. 

".....i can't believe Vicki sometimes." I was unaware of Amanda still talking. i lost half her conversation. 

"I know, me either. I seriously wanted to deck her,but i hesitated because my sister."

"Yeah. I still can't believe you guys are in the same grade. When's her birthday?"

"September 12." 

"And yours is January 6th. Wow, your parents didn't waste any time." She joked. 

"Yeah....well i'll see ya' Monday." I said, hopping in my car.