Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I parked out front of Mrs.Johnson's house and knocked on the door. With a good two minutes, Mrs.Johnson opened the door and the aroma of chocolate chip cookies filled my nose.

"Hi Amelia. Come on in. I'm making some cookies." She said, holding the door open for me. I smiled and walked in. She led me to the kitchen and i sat down at glass table while she mixed something in a yellow bowl.

"So how was your day Mrs.Johnson?" I asked politely. Mrs.Johnson was in her mid fourties and she wa salways so nice. Her daughter was Mia's best friend. Those two were inseparable.

She smiled a kind smile. "It was good thanks for asking. How was yours my dear?" She asked.

i shrugged. "It went....okay. Could have been better." If stupid Brent hadn't come over to talk to me at lunch. I added mentally. "So where is that little monster?" I asked, referring to Mia.

She laughed. "She's in Emily's room playing. I'll get her." She set down a plate of chocolate chip cookies on the table. "Help yourself." She said kindly. I smiled and took one as she left. Oh these things were mouthwatering. I was already on my second cookie when i heard footsteps running from down the hall. I got up just in time to see Mia running towards me.

I bent down, arms open wide and she ran into me.

"Oh..." I blew out a breath. Jeez, this girl could knock a tree down. "Hey, kiddo, how was your day? Did you have fun at school?" I asked. Mia rewarded me with one of her dazzling to-die-for smiles as she pulled back from me.

"Mmmhhh. I drew you a picture." She said excitedly.

"You did? Well, lets have a look." I said happily. Little Mia was my heart. She was my half sister. Same mom and different dads, sadly. I'm glad she never knew that bastard. I shook myself. Not here. Not now. Mia handed me a paper form her bag. It was a drawing of stick figures in front of a brown house. It was colored beautifully for a five year old.

"This is me you Mya and Aunt Helen." She said, pointing at each figure in the drawing. I smiled when i looked at Mya's figure. She had a something that looked like a crown on her head and red lightning bolts coming out of her crown.

"What did you draw on Mya's head?" I asked, amused.

"Its a crown and the red things are there because she's a drama queen." She said in her little cute voice. I laughed. She heard me call Mya that a few times around the house.

"I love it. Thank you." I said and gave her a kiss and another big hug. She didn't let go so i picked her up. "Lets go home kiddo."

"Please, stay and have some cookies." Mrs.Johnson pleaded.

"Its okay Mrs.Johnson. Thank you though. The cookies were lovely.

She smiled. "Well you can take some home if you'd like?"

I smiled at her warmly. "Sure." She went to pack some in a container.

"Hi Amelia!." I heard a bell voice say. I turned around, still carrying Mia.

Emily smiled at me and i smiled back. "Hi Emily." I said. She was almost as cute as my sister. Almost. But then again, any sister would say that. Emily was a blonde haired little girl with a cute little button nose and sparkly blue eyes. She had pig tails on today. She looked so cute in her school uniform.

She walked past me to the table. I turned around in time to see Mrs.Johnson hand me a container filled with her delicious cookies. We said our goodbyes and i buckled in Mia. I told her to hold the drawing until we get home.