...Midnight

The sky was darker now, it had to be close to midnight. We still had to get the coil into the water and get away from the breach. I was having trouble concentrating. I couldn't help but wonder if Peeta was okay or not. He had Rose with him, what if something happened? I couldn't get the last look he gave me as I walked off out of my head. It was like it was the last time he would see me. I was tempted to run back and go ahead and leave, but I knew it would just risk us getting killed. Johanna and me walked back down the path we came on. She thrust the coil at me while we were walking over the rocks.

"Come on. I'm wanting to put as much distance between the beach and me as possible," her voice sounded annoyed, "Frying is not how I'm wanting to go."

I rolled my eyes a little. The coil became harder to unravel, we had only taken a few more steps when it stopped. I pulled on it but it didn't do any good.  She stopped and  looked back at me. I continued to try and pull the coil free.

"It's stuck," I informed her, after seeing the look she was giving me.  I saw a small amount of movement, it was so short that I thought I might have imagined it. I looked to where the rocks started then back at Johanna. The look on her face told me I wasn't imagining it. I felt the coil be pulled back the other way. I pulled it toward me again, the whole thing came flying back at me. It had been snapped, or cut. I quickly pulled out an arrow and loaded my bow. I saw Brutus coming toward us from behind the rocks before I felt something hitting me hard in the head. I fell to the ground, the air escaped my lungs. I opened my eyes to find Johanna over me. Before I could react, I felt her take my arms and slice it open. It felt like being stabbed over and over again, I could feel the blood running down my arm. I let out a scream from the pain.

"Shhh," Johanna said to me, I felt her put her hand to my throat than remove it, I felt blood where her hand was. I had to warn Peeta, I had to get Rose and him away. I saw her throw her ax at the rocks, I assumed that Brutus was there.

"Stay down," she hissed in my ear. Then she took off running, I could hear footsteps following her. I was sure they could hear my breathing. No one came near me though, eventually the footsteps faded away and I tried to sit up. Everything was spinning, I couldn't see clearly. I looked at my arm and all I saw was red blood. I managed to push myself all the way up into a sitting position, it hurt and my vision still wasn't better.

"Johanna where are you," I heard Finnick yelling, his voice filled with panic. I grabbed my bow and backed up against the big rock that was behind me and pulled my knees toward my chest before sinking down a little. If Finnick was looking for Johanna, where was Peeta? Where was Rose? Were they okay? I could heard Finnick running above me.

"Johanna," he whispered. He stood still for a few seconds then started running again.

"Peeta," I mumbled while trying to get to my feet, shaking, my body felt weak, I grabbed onto whatever I could to keep me up.  I climbed over the rocks, somehow managing to make it across them, while holding my bow. I came closer to the tree, it was now in view, I saw  the other side of the coil on the ground. I bent down and picked it up. I heard movement from the other side of the tree then I saw someone hit the force field and be thrown backwards.  Peeta, my heart stopped. All dizziness and pain in my body was suddenly numb as I ran over to the person that was flung backwards. As I approached I noticed it was Beetee. Peeta and Rose were nowhere in sight.  I knelt down next to Beetee.

"Beetee," I whispered, "Beetee." I noticed something beside him, it looked like a handcrafted spear with the wire attached to it. I realized thats exactly what it was. The wire was attached to the tree and the spear. I looked at it more closely, then I heard a canon go off.

"PEETA! ROSE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my heart and stomach dropping down to my feet as I stood up quickly, it sent a dizzy rush to my head, but I didn't care. I grabbed my bow and started to run toward the other side of the tree. I had to find him, "Peeta," I yelled again.  I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I spun around and drew my bow back, crouching down behind a plant. I aimed the bow through an opening in the plant and saw Finnick running toward me. All I had to do was let the arrow fly. Then I heard a crying sound. It was my baby girl,  coming from behind Finnick. I could feel tears stinging my eyes, it was the first time I'd ever heard her cry. Peeta was nowhere to be seen.

"Remember who the real enemy is Katniss," I heard Finnick say to me. I looked up at the sky and saw that the clouds were lit, meaning lighting was about to strike. I got an idea and picked up the wire, pulled out an arrow and began wrapping the wire around it. I placed the arrow with the wire around it on my bow. I heard thunder.

"Katniss! Step away from that tree!"

I pulled back my bow and let the arrow fly as the lightning struck. I felt a force against me and flew backwards. I felt the ground strike against my back and then everything went pitch black.

After what felt like forever, I was able to open my eyes. I saw the arena falling around me and I saw sunlight and a hovercraft reaching down to get me. Was I dead? The feeling of my body being scooped up in the metal and the speed of me raising up made me dizzy and I blacked out this time. For good.