Fog Zone

Peeta took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes. without thinking I crashed my lips down to his and then pulled back reluctantly. I helped him sit up and looked over at Finnick, he did just save Peeta's life, but I still don't trust him. We waited a few minutes before we started walking again. Peeta picked a spot he thought would be good to set up for the night. Finnick set down Mags and helped her get comfortable. I watched him closely, at any moment he could be trying to put his trident through my chest, or worse, Peeta's. I wouldn't be letting him take any watch alone. I was about to walk over to Finnick when Peeta pulled me down into his lap.

"Hey Kat," he kissed the back of my neck slowly and tenderly.

"Peeta," I took a deep breath, "Not here. Please."

"I know," he wrapped his arms around me and I spun around to face him, placing my legs behind him.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he smirked this pressed his lips to mine gently, but passionately in a way only he could kiss. I kissed him back, as his hands found their way to my hips and up my sides, pulling me closer against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. I couldn't give him the wrong impression, not with Finnick and Mags around.

"Katniss," he whispered against my lips. I pulled back a little and looked at him, "Never mind."

"What is it Peeta," I looked into his eyes, they were filled with want that I'd seen a lot, especially that night on the train, the first night we slept together. I knew then what he was going to say, "I'm sorry," I said then buried my face in his neck.  I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I tuned and saw Finnick watching us.

"If you're not going to sleep, I am," he said before laying down close to Mags. I sighed and leaned back against Peeta.

"You want me to take the first watch," he whispered into my ear.

"No. I'm fine. You sleep."

"Katniss," he looked around us and saw that both of our allies were asleep, "If we found a place without camera's..."

"Yes," I knew what he was going to say, without a doubt, if there were no camera's I would sleep with him, but we both know it's not a good idea with cameras around.

"I wish there was somewhere without one," he murmmered under his breath.

"Two weeks Peeta, that's all you have to wait."

"No Katniss. It's not. One of us, I, will be dead by then. I won't let you die, don't bother fighting me on this. I won't let you die, meaning  I will die."

"Don't say that," even though the part about one of us dying was true, there was no way I would let that be him, "On second thought, I am sort of tired. I'll take over at midnight."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too," I curled up to him, resting my head on his chest, and fell asleep slowly, then all at once.