• 1 •

Zayn POV

The streetlights were dimmed by the smoke escaping from the manholes in the dark alley I was in. It was slowly getting colder on Bradford, and I knew the rough part of the year was slowly coming up. I saw a car approaching, another man looking for a prey. I moved myself from the darkness and put a cigarette up to my lips and bent over the now open window.

-    You've got fire man?

It was a man in his late forties. His hair were grey and he was wearing a suit. He handed me a lighter with a sick smirk on his ugly face.

-    How much ?

-    Depends on what you want. 

-    I want to fuck your pretty little mouth.

I almost threw up in his car right there.

-    Fourty.

-    Deal.

Without asking for permission I got in his car. He parked close to the alley and closed his headlights. He start undoing his belt and I had to look the other way. Even high from the rails I did half an hour before, I could never look at the guys I was with. I was about to blow him up eyes closed when blue and red lights start spinning all around us.

- Shit. The cops, get off whore.

Of course the fucking cops had to ruin my night once again. It took a moment before two officers surrounded the car, pointing their flashlights directly to our face.

-    Malik, again. I should have known.

-    Hey! Officer Payne and Styles. My two favorite police officers in the whole county. It's a beautiful night isn't it?

I said sarcastically getting out of the car, landing my hands on the roof of the car with a big smirk on my face. Payne read my rights. He didn't even bothered putting handcuffs before pushing me in the cop car. They let the man go with a warning, but of course I had to spend the night at the police station.

-    I know that you like to spend time with me Payne, but you should know by now that pigs aren't my thing.

-    Watch your mouth, Malik.

I smirked knowing that I always have the upper hand with them. They knew me for a long time; it wasn't my first time in the back of their car. Robbery, prostitution, drug use, gun possession, name it, I did it all.

-    Why are you always getting yourself in those shitty situations Zayn?

I mumbled something unintelligible. They didn't know shit about my life so why would I try to justify myself? They wouldn't understand anyway. I heard Officer Style sigh. Payne was always a pain in the ass and Styles was trying to analyze me every time, and I didn't know who I hated the most between the both of them. However they were both noisy bitches and I didn't need this kind of shit tonight.

-    Well you will have plenty of time to think about it tonight, in your cell.

Officer Styles was staring out of the window without a word. I knew I had to stay in jail for the night. No work, means no money and no money means no food and a good beating or worst back home. At the police station they threw me in a cell after taking a mug shot. The cell was smelling like shit and the lights were blinking constantly. At least, it was heated, maybe a little too much, so I took off my leather jacket. After a moment, I heard the sound of the cell open. It was Officer Styles, holding a tray full of food.

-    Here, it was my lunch but I'm not very hungry. I thought I could offer it to you... You must be hungry.

He trailed off, looking at the ground. I didn't hesitate to take the food from him and start eating without a thank you. I didn't questioned why he gave it to me in the first place, I didn't care either. I was hungry and I knew that I wouldn't be feed for a while after getting out of there. He watched me eating carefully, not saying a single word. He took the tray back staring at my body not so discretely, I knew my arms were full of bruises and that was probably what he was looking at so I put my jacket back on real fast. I didn't need any pity from a fucking cop.