Not Superpowered

So, there are not many OC's out there that don't have superpowers and that is okay. It's harder to fit a character in like this however so here are a few tips when writing a non-powered character.

1) Make them strong in other ways. Hill, Furry, Pepper and Coulson are just a few people that we have all rooted for despite them not having any superpowers. Their characteristics are what make them amazing: strong, intelligent, caring

2) If you absolutely want something to give your character make it so that they worked for it. Training is a big part of the MCU, but make it realistic. Don't have them try something for a week and then become a master at it. 

3) If you decide to go the route of non-super-powered then please try and stick with it. It's going to be hard, yes, but I'd rather see people who have extreme character development with no powers than for them to get some half-way through the book.

4) A great way idea for your OC, especially if they are with a CC is for them to be great of getting out of situations without the need of a superpower. Common sense is something that is missing with a bunch of the characters, so add that in and yours could rule the world ;)

Here are some suggestions for things your OC could be good at:

~Languages

~Hand-to-hand combat

~Dance (which comes in handy, mind you)

~ Swimming (how many times have characters been by water!)

~ Observant

~Public Speaking

~ Empathetic

And many more!

~V (@SylviaWolfe)