T'Challa

The Black Panther is coming your way, so make sure he doesn't freeze!

Okay, bad joke. I love T'Challa. He's my guy and I've read some pretty good fics out there for him. Despite this, I have a few problems.

Now, let's go over some facts:

1) So of course, he's an amazing fighter. If you want your OC to beat him in a fight, give him/her good reason to. Don't just make cause their better than him.

2) He doesn't understand modern references. That's why he has Shuri to drive him insane. However, don't dumb him down. He'll know the references from the 90's and early 2000's.

2a) Also, don't put references that are from 2018, unless the book takes place during that time. Black Panther was in 2016.

3) Kilmonger wasn't the first one to point out that Wakanda should help; and I'm not talking about N'Jobu. Nakia tried multiple times to convince T’Challa and he wouldn't listen.

Okay, those were really small things. The biggest out of all is this. His last name.

Writers, I cannot stress to you the importance of this. T’Challa has NO LAST NAME. That is cannon.

Now, most stories I've seen have T’Challa Udaku as the love interest.

This is fine, if your writing about the T’Challa who lost the battle to win the black panther title and then got recruited to SHIELD after he almost died and they had to use the Weapon X....

If not, then don't use this name. Please.

Anyway, thank you for reading all the way through.

Here are some fun facts from the comics you could incorporate into your story:

1) T'Challa was two-times Timemagazine's "Person of the Year" and six-times People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive

2) Black Panther is a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire. 

3) For crossovers, he actually is married to Susan Storm

4) He was raised mainly by his Father, not by Ramonda, who is his stepmother

5) T’Challa attended school in both the United States and England, but he enrolled using the name Luke Charles.

~V (@Sylviawolfe)