Chapter 2

It was on a break time at 10 in the morning. Van decided to spoil his girl to eat together in the cafeteria, literally leaving me alone in this class. I decided to meet my other close friend from my freshman class which was in the same class as Luke as well. What could go wrong to see him? I barely see him today and I kinda want to see his pretty smile before going back to my shit place.

As I entered to the other class where I should see my friend, my eyes flew to the other side of the class but still have no sign of him. His usual green Jansport bag is on the table though, he must be in the cafeteria along with his other friends. I decided to hang out with my friend then, Michael Clifford.

"G'day, mate," I greeted as I took a seat in front of him who's eating his lunch box. He rarely buy food from the cafeteria, he usually bring his own so it didn't surprise me.

"Hey," he said as he eat his food. "You didn't eat?"

"Maybe later, I was thinking of skipping Geographic class to eat lunch. I can't stand that voice of her," I rolled my eyes at the thought of my annoying teacher.

The green haired lad nodded his head as he chew his food. "Call me in when you're going to skip class, Luke and I are going to skip Mr. Irfan's English class,"

Yep, we're seniors and still skipping classes. Well, not that always but we still do bad stuff as the eldest of the school. Just like what all the teachers, we should've been the kids's inspirational student so they can follow our steps. But look at us. Even the good kid like me, I still skipping classes. But when it comes to school, I tried my best to have a good score in every subject so I could get the University of Australia in International Relation Faculty - one of the best college here in Australia.

"Luke's coming?" I asked, feeling a bit excited that he's also coming with us.

He shrugged. "He told me that if I see you,"

I can't help but have the urge to smile which I was very bad at it, I quickly bit my lip so it didn't turn into a smile and look away. It always happens, no mater how hard I tried to stop.

After the break's time rung, Michael and I quickly walked to the cafeteria. Many students went to the opposite direction of us since they're going to their classes. As we arrived at the cafeteria, we heard a music coming out from that place and we assumed the other senior class are still there. We're basically those bad kids in our school. Even the sophomores and freshmans are scared when they see us.

My heart fluttered when I saw that beautiful messy blond-brown ish haired boy play with a guitar with his other friends on that music corner of the cafeteria. The headmaster has just expand our cafeteria and invented the music corner in it which the boys worked it perfectly.

Before I could approached him, Michael was quick to pull me to buy some drinks with him. You know, it kinda sucks that I have to keep this on my own but... I can't really say! Have you heard what Van told me about Luke? He isn't looking for a relationship - let alone, wanting him to notice me. Ugh, I'm such loser when it comes to this. My last relationship was with a girl about 5 years ago, one of the greatest relationship and we're still friends!

When Michael was finished, we approached the bad boys and took a seat around the music corner. I can't help but smile when I see how bright Luke's eyes were when he was talking to his friends about something. I don't need to understand what he says, seeing him being all smiley is already enough. The thing about me staring at him is great and a very good chance for me to see his tint of freckles because he won't catch my glance. He is very blind.

"Hey, Ash!" Calum waved at me with a bass hang on him.

I winked at him to know that I'm there and laughed when the other laughed as well. Still, Luke just looked at me before looking back to Valiando who's talking about his stupid milk business with Chris.

"You seemed off. Everything alright?" Michael asked as he sipped his juice box.

I sighed as I lean my back on the chair, think of a reason for my frown. "I guess it's because I have bad scores on the middle test of the year. They're going to print it on our report card and my scores were shit,"

"Oh, man, don't even start with that. My economic score went down hill because of my obsession to become a police officer!" Michael shook his head as he explained about his score but then he glance to me again before raised an eyebrow. "Did you brush your hair this morning?"

"Why? What's wrong with my hair?" I asked him as I brush my hair with my fingers.

"It's shit as fuck. Like, it's very messy but curly. You know, I mean?" Michael asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, didn't brush my hair. I was literally late to school today," I sighed.

Out of nowhere, suddenly Luke join us with his snapback backward then asked Michael if he could finish his juice box. When he said no, Luke told him that he's getting fat so he need to share with him. I just chuckled before watched him drink the shit out of a juice box.

"Where were you yesterday again?" Luke asked me this time and my heart skipped a beat with that voice. He lost his voice of exhaustion which is understandable, he's been singing for a week now.

"I got courses?" I think I was blushing since I feel myself boiling up with that sharp look. Keep it cool, Ash! Keep it simple.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Van said you went on a date,"

"You went on a date?" Michael asked me loudly made the other boys turned at me.

Calum perked up from the small stage and say, "the Irwin went on a date? I can't even ask one of these girl out. What the hell did you do? Black magic?"

Soon, Valiando and Elvis approached me. "Yeah, Y told us about you went on a date. How did it go? Most importantly, who's the girl, Ash?"

Imma send a fucking fire to Van later.

"No! No, I didn't go on a date! I had courses after school. I told Van that but apparently, he forgot," I explained and the other nodded their heads.

Elvis nodded. "That explains. I mean, it's Y we're talking about. That bitch ate too much sodium that makes him a forgetful person,"

"Unlike Juan here! He told us about his fake girlfriend!" Calum exclaimed as he laughed loudly and the others soon join.

Valiando laughed as well. "What? You went on a date with a robot? Can't believe we believe that shit,"

"Oh, shit, you said believe twice!"

When the crowds went away from us, Luke turned to us again. "So, you didn't go on a date?"

"No!" I chuckled as I shook my head. "Why? Did you miss me that much?"

"A girl asked me out, man. You should've seen her face," Luke told me as he laughed about it. Michael soon joined his stupid joke which I fake to laugh as well.

Clearly, it's actually quite funny if I didn't like him this much. But to know the reason that he isn't looking for someone made me realized that Luke will never see me. My feelings will just stays the same, screaming to escape from this cage no matter how hard I tried to keep.

When Michael joke about something, Luke's eyes sparked a little before laughing as well and I can't help but melt at how cute his facial expression is when he's laughing. Maybe, if I go this way, I still can see him this close without anybody know my feelings towards him - Luke will never know my crush to him.

---