Chapter 8:News

Snow fell outside the window. Draping the once green grass in a blanket of white. Luckily we were inside, so the cold couldn't get to us. Luna's wedding is being held in a large and vintage mansion. The people who own it rent it out for parties and weddings. She hasn't come put of her room yet and Magnus is with her doing her hair and makeup. I'm happy for her. Darren and his best man and parabatai Chris make their way towards the altar.  She wasn't kidding when she said his hair was blue. I've only seen him a couple of times, and those times his hair must've faded because it was brown.

  They take their places at the altar along with the priest. I was talking with Isabelle when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Magnus was behind me with his blue eye liner and glitter. "I need some help here." Worry creased his face.

"What happened?"

  "Luna doesn't want to come out of her room. She's freaking out and Julie is busy. I thought you'd help."

  "I'll go. You stay here, and I'll make sure she comes." He nodded and sat at his seat. Luna's room was on the second floor, but I didn't know which room. When I passed a door with the sign that said "Bride's Room" over it, I knew I found it. I knocked on the door twice. No answer. It was open, so I walked in.

  Luna was sitting at her vanity table dabbing her eyes with a tissues. "Those better be happy tears. You can't cry at your own wedding." She looked at my reflection on the mirror and smiled. Magnus did a good job on her makeup and hair. Her long brown hair was tied up into a bun in the back with braids on it, and it was where her veil rested. Her dress was a long mermaids gown with diamonds and lace, with a small train. Her makeup was simple. Shiny gray and silver eyeshadow, black eye liner, her eyelashes looked longer, and red lipstick that popped. I knew all of this because you learn things when you marathon wedding shows with Magnus. "What are you doing stuck in here when the wedding is out there?"

  "By the Angel Alec. I'm so nervous. There are so many people out there and they'll all be focused on me. It's nerve wracking." She started to dab at her makeup again before I sat down next to her.

  "I know how you feel. On my wedding day I was so nervous. I'm not used to attention and I didn't want it." But I wasn't recovering from anxiety like her. As much as everyone wants to believe it, it never went away from her. It just got less serious. "Walking down the aisle was a pain. All of the eyes on me, but once I reach the end and looked into Magnus' eyes, nothing else mattered. It was only about Magnus. You love Darren right?"

  "Oh course. If I didn't why would I be marrying him?" I raised an eyebrow at her. Remembering the situation a few years ago. We all let it go and forgave each other, but it was a joking topic. "Right. That was different."

  "I know, but if you love him, once you see how happy he is, you'll only see him. I saw him out there and he had a grin the size of this mansion on."

  "Really?" she asked in disbelief.

  "Yes. So, are you ready now?" She swallowed and checked herself in the mirror again.

  "Yeah. I-I think so."

  "Who will be walking you down the aisle?"

  "Julie."

  "I'll go get her then. Just don't trip down the aisle. That'll be embarrassing for everyone." She pushed my shoulder and kept messing with her dress, shoes, makeup, and anything else. "Stop. You look beautiful. Darren will think so too." She stopped and smiled lightly.

  "Thanks to your husband I do. His makeup and blue tux look so good he had to do my makeup."

  "He's had centuries of practice. Of course it'll be perfect." As soon as I opened the door Julie stepped in wearing a long purple dress.