Chapter 23:I Won't Leave You

"Magnus!" Isabelle yells and runs towards me. She hugs me. "Thank the Angel you're okay!"

"I'm okay, Isabelle. Your brother can finally sleep peacefully." Alec made a face and I kissed him on the cheek. "Don't act like you didn't miss me. I missed you, after all." Even in the face of death, my thoughts still lie with Alec. Leaving him terrified me. He got me though it. Knowing how awful it would be for him if I died kept me fighting. That and two very experienced Warlocks curing me. But mostly Alec. The love of my life. Isabelle then put her hand on my shoulder. "So what's next? Next move to get my niece back." Now that Alec has told me that he killed Aversa, it leave us without many leads. I'm glad he killed her, but it leave us almost clueless. But I still need to sound like an intelligent, centuries old, wise Warlock. Luckly an idea comes to me quickly.

"Downworlders," I bluntly say. Everyone has various expressions of confusion, so do I considering I only came up with this a second ago.

"What does our kind have to do with this?" Adira asks. She and Gerard look at each other.

"Think about it this way. She got faeries to help her, but we're not getting anything from them. I know they can't lie, but it's still risky. They're deceiving and ruthless, and to be honest quite rude. But that leaves the rest of the Downworlders. Someone has ought to know what's going on. Someone must be out there who knows something about the fae. About Aversa's plan. Anything at all. Understand?" That came out a lot better than I intended it to be. Good for me.

"It makes sense," Isabelle says. "Some Warlock, Vampire, or Werewolf should know something. And I have a feeling she didn't just ask for help from the fae."

"Makes sense. Who should we start with?"

"Werewolves from Luke's pack are automatically ruled out. He would've told us if Aversa went to him, or she could've erased his memory. Either way, he's out." I thought about it. With Luke out of the question, that leaves the Vampire clan. Their new leader Lucy seems nice enough. "Vampire clan, then we'll go to some other Wearwolf packs."

"And if this doesn't work and just leaves us with several dead ends? I'm just trying to be realistic. What if she didn't ask anyone? Maybe it was just the fae and no one else. What's your plan b?" Well I hadn't actually thought of that.

"Wow thanks for believing in me even though I hadn't though of a second plan. I'm lucky the first plan came to me so quickly. Don't expect so much from me when I was basically brought back from the dead." My back ached and my head was still a little foggy. Almost being killed isn't every fun. Thankfully we had Warlocks to bring me back, but that experience wasn't very fun either.

"Magnus is right. Let him come home an rest up before we start questioning. It's the best for his health and I was worried sick and I'd like my husband back," Alec suddenly said. I'm glad he said something and gave me an excuse to leave and sleep hopefully. Even though I was about to enter an eternal sleep, I'm exhausted. "Can he go home, Adira?"

"It's perfectly okay with us. His health should be good enough to go home," she looked directly at me. I never noticed but her eyes are more of a dark red than brown like I had originally thought. "Just don't get yourself killed again. Our work is also tiring. We also used most of our materials on you so we're short on supplies so saving you again would be difficult." She shrugged.

"We're expecting payment soon so we could buy more," Gerard said. He's very quiet, I notice. Probably because his sister does more of the explaining than he does. Or he just has nothing to put into the conversation. He's a nice guy, though.

"He doesn't mean that. We're very glad to help you get back to health," she said sarcastically. "But I was working all night and as a fellow Warlock you know what kind of strain that puts on us."

"I understand, we'll leave in just a minute," I replied.

"It's about time. Well go, shoo." She ushered us out of the apartment and closed the door. "We only accept cash and checks!" she yelled. Isabelle fixed her shirt as she regained her balance on her heals.

"Rude, but aren't we all that rude when we're tired? I know you know Magnus." I laughed. Never again am I letting her crash at our place at three in the morning when she and Alec come back from a hunt. I'm tired at that time but also relieved that Alec is home. "Anyway, I'll go back to the Institute. I know you want to spend time with Alec." She winked which caused Alec to turn red.

"Will do Isabelle. Go home to your husband now." She hugged me once more before she left and hailed the first cab she saw, and we got the next one that came.

When in the cab we sat as close as possible without sitting on his lap, and Alec held my hand. Rubbing his thumb across my palm. Mapping out my palm like it was the most important thing in the world. "I missed you," was all he said after a comfortable silence. There were no words to be said besides that. We were both glad that I was alive.

"I haven't been gone for that long, but in all honestly I missed you too." He kissed my hand, making my heart flutter. No other words were spoken the rest of the ride, and it was nice that way.

When we got home Alec's calm stayed and he kissed me as soon as I closed the door. His lips moved slowly against mine in a sweet kiss. "I'm so glad you're alive," he whispered at last.

"I'm glad I'm alive too. I get to see you again and again everyday." He didn't take another second to kiss me again.

"Come. Let's go to bed. Aren't your tried?" He lazily pulled my hand to our room and collapsed on the bed. He buried his face in my shirt and I held him close. Alec. "I though about what would happen if you died."

"Don't. I'm not going to for a very long time."

"Good. Because I wouldn't be able to bear it. I didn't think I'd be able to find Maddi without you. Then Isabelle talked to me and made me feel better about that, but even if I did get her back, it wouldn't be the same without you. You are-you're the man who agreed to marry me their years ago. My only true love. The only man I will ever marry. If you died, I wouldn't live on like you wanted me to. My mind, my soul, and my heart will always belong to you. And that will never change."

"If I died, actually dying would be the easy part. The hardest part would be leaving you." Another kiss. "Sleep now. I'll still be here when you wake up." He nodded and closed his eyes. I waited for his breath to even out before I closed my own eyes. But even when I went to sleep, I didn't stop thinking of Maddi. I had a dream.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was giving you guys time to mourn Zayn leaving One Direction. Even if you're not 1d af you still know that he left. I don't even listen to them anymore, but its Zayn. AND MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. TWO YEARS GUYS I CANT BELIEVE IT. But here it is and I hoped you liked it! Vote, comment, and stay awesome.