Chapter 7:Preparing

This is mostly pointless fluff because I though malec doing baby shopping and being giant saps with each other would be adorable. Hope you enjoy!

  Luna and Darren decided on a date. Their wedding is on December twenty-third. Just a few days before Christmas. And two months from today. Magnus and I are invited along with Isabelle and Jace. They're going to bring Simon and Clary as their dates. It's going to be great. An old friend getting married after everything that has happened to her. And Magnus and I are adopting. Everything is falling into place. We've even started to prepare for her arrival. He emptied out on of the guest rooms and painted the walls a light yellow color with a little black birds on some of the walls. There was also a light pink lamp in the corner of the room. Magnus's personal touch is that one wall is completely yellow glitter. Painting the room actually turned out to be fun. When we actually painted the place, we started messing up and throwing paint at each other.

  So other then the lamp, the room is empty. "Magnus. Don't you think we should start preparing? I mean, the baby comes in a few months. And this room is almost empty." He came slauntering into the room.

  "You have a point, sweet pea. Our daughter deserves the best."

  "Do you want to go out and buy things?"

  "Alexander. Are you suggesting shopping?"

  "Its for our daughter," I said while shrugging my shoulders. "Like you said. She deserves the best."

  " It's still shopping. Any kind of shopping is good. Espically if its for my daughter."

  "Then let's go. No stealing. It's more special if we buy it. Plus, most of our money just goes to pay the bills. Not like we use it for anything else."

  "Okay. Lets go then." He kissed my forehead and pulled me by my wrist out of the penthouses.

~o~

  We found ourselves in a mundane store-which I don't even remember the name of-and looking for baby supplies. We got the basics. Bottles, formula, a crib, and more. Magnus wanted to get the most extravagant things for her, but I just wanted to stick to the things we actually needed. She didn't need a sparkly blue pillow that was too big for a newborn anyway. Once Magnus put glitter in the shopping cart, I knew I lost. So I gave up trying. He says he knows exactly how he wants the room to look, so he picked everything out easily.

  Next when we moved to the clothing section, Magnus and I picked out stuff together. He picked up a pink onesie and showed it to me. "Look Alec. She's going to be so tiny." He smiled and looked happy.

  "She's going to be so cute." I smiled back at him and we continued shopping. We got plenty of clothes for her in so many different colors. It was a lot in my standards, but Magnus barely thought it was enough. We got everything we needed, plus some on Magnus's part. Toys, clothes, decorations for her room, and so much more. When we brought our things to the check out, we were greeted by a young girl with dark skin, black hair, and an eyebrow piercing. She checked out some of our items and then she saw me. "Alec Lightwood. What brings you here?" How did she know my name? I've never seen her in my life.

  "Exuse me? Do I know you?"

  "No, but everyone knows you. First gay Shadowhunter to marry. Marry a Warlock. That's a big deal. Big that not everyone is close-minded." I was still confused. She must've noticed because she scoffed and pretended to hand me something. There was a angelic rune on her wrist. Oh. So she's a Shadowhunter too. "Too bad you're gay. All of the cute ones are gay." I blushed and Magnus put his arm around me.