Chapter 1:Just an Idea

THE SEQUEL IS HEREEEE

  Small feet run around out penthouse, and Magnus picks the small child up. "He's cute," he said, and handed the baby back to his parents. Magnus had two clients today. Both werewolves, and a married lesbian couple. We got off the topic of business quickly and started to talk to them. One had blond hair and was named Lillian, the other had brown hair and was named Ally. They adopted a baby boy a few months ago named Nick. A small little werewolf boy who was abandoned by his parents. He even has small canine teeth in. "He's cute. What made you decide you wanted to adopt?" I asked out of curiosity.

  "We've just been together for a while, and we wanted to have a family. And little Nick here was perfect for that," Ally replied. She picked up the wiggling toddler and put him in her lap.

  "How is parenthood for you two?"

  "It is hard, but that's what comes with having a child. But it isn't that hard. The reward is so much better anyway."

  "I wish the best if luck for you all. Wait, what were you here for?"

  "We wanted for Magnus to preform a ceremony on Nick. It's only supposed to be done by a warlock, and it protects him and secures a healthy life. Call me superstitious, but I just want the best for him. This is what you need to do." She handed Magnus a piece of paper. I didn't see what it said, but I caught that there were protection spells on it.

  "I can do this," Magnus said matter-of-factly. He scooped up the small child in his hands. Nick proceeded to giggle and pull at Magnus's necklaces. "No, no, no. The high warlock of Brooklyn will not have a child pull at his necklaces," he said it seriously, but I could tell his was joking by the smile on his face. As soon as Magnus disappeared into his office I continued to talk with Ally and Lillian. "Have you two ever thought about adopting? You would make interesting parents. I mean that in a good way though. If you two got a little girl Magnus would dress her up in pretty pinks and glitter," Lillian said

  "I can see that happening," I said with a laugh. "No, we never really spoke about adopting before. We've been together a long time, but only married a bit over a year. I guess it's because I was so young. We also waited to get married unlike a lot of Shadowhunters who get married young, but I wanted to wait because I thought I was too young for marriage. He respected that and we waited. But, a child would be nice. I think I'm old enough to be ready for that." It was only until then I realised how much I would like a child. A baby boy or girl. Magnus never mentioned wanting children. Maybe I'll ask him. It would be nice. Magnus would dress him or her up, and I would protect and teach him or her how to fight and such. No matter what she or he was. Warlock, werewolf, shadowhunter, or whatever, they're learning how to fight. Isabelle and my mom would fawn over the baby, and Jace would try to stay tough but would fail because it's a baby. Maybe I do want a child. I'll have to ask Magnus about it, but who knows how he'll respond to it. He will either like the idea, or hate it. And I'd like to avoid the latter. "I'll ask him about it."

  "That's good. There always unwanted children, sadly, but you two would be great parents to a little boy or girl." I was about to say something when Magnus strode back into the room holding the Nick. "Done," he said cheerfully. The baby was giggling and moving around in his arms. He placed the baby back into Lillian's arms.

"Aw. You're so good with him. You'd be a great parent." I could see Lillian give me a discrete wink. She's trying to help me.

  "Thank you." They paid Magnus and left. On their way out Lillian told me "Good luck." I laughed and strode back to the living room. "Hey, love." He came up to me a placed a quick kiss on my lips.

  "Hey."

  "I'm taking you out for dinner tonight," he stated bluntly.

  "What for?"

  "Nothing really. Can't I treat my husband to something nice every once in a while?"

  "Yeah, but when you do you usually want something."

  "No, not this time. This time we're just going out. We're going to have a nice dinner and enjoy ourselves."

  "Okay. That can work. There's no hunts or anything tonight, so we can go."

  "That's great." Maybe tonight I can ask him about adopting. His mood is bright as ever, and it seems like the perfect time. The only thing that stands in the way is what he'll say. He seemed to like Nick and has never said anything about not liking children, but he could always just react badly to it. Not wanting children for some reason. All I can do is hope for the best.

~o~

  "Babe, let's go," I call out to Magnus. He was probably just doing his makeup. Some things will never change.

  "Wait a second. I'll be out in just a minute."

  "That's what you always say." I laugh at my husband's old habits. Even after a year, it still feel different to call him my husband. But I like it. After a few minutes Magnus leave the bathroom looking as good as ever. Blue skinny jeans and a yellow shirt that has sequins covered sleeves. He has smoky eyeshadow, slight silver glitter applied to his eyelids that caught the light, and clear lip gloss. His hair was just combed and let down naturally. It has to be one of his most toned down outfits yet. "Finally," I said.

  "You'd take long if you came out looking as good as me." I just laughed.

  "C'mon, let's just go."

  We went to a Italian restaurant not to far away from where we live. It's a nice, vintage-looking place. When we got there  the host showed us to our seats and left, leaving our menus. After a while we ordered and the waitress left to get our drinks. Magnus got us a red wine he says is amazing. Maybe I should try to ease him into the subject. "Lillian and Ally were nice. I liked their baby, Nick."

  "Yeah, he was a cutie." The waitress came back with our wine just when I was going to ask him.

  "Um yeah, children are nice."

  "Indeed they are." This is it, I better ask him now.

  "Magnus."

  "Yes?"

  "I need to ask you something. It's just an idea."

Look at that, first chapter ends in a cliffhanger. Other than that, I hope it was good for the first chapter. Vote, comment, and stay awesome.