Chapter 24:Final Chance

A voice I recognized rang, but I couldn't tell who it was until I could see what was going on. Weeds covered the ground and vines fell from the ceiling. I suddenly heard heels clicking on the floor. Those heels belonged to no other than the bitc-Seelie Queen. She sat on her throne. "Have you summoned her, Felonious."
"Yes, your highness." A girl soon came running into the throne room. Even the Queen seemed stunned at her sudden arrival. This clearly wasn't the girl they were expecting. She keeled in front of the throne.
"I bring important news, your highness." She was breathing heavily.
"Why are you here!" the queen yelled.
"Aversa is dead. We don't know who killed her or why she was killed, but she is presumed dead. The child we must keep. It may prove some use to us." She smiled, and I didn't like it. The queen sighed and rubbed her temples.
"I cannot believe this! Our only good ally dead." She suddenly stood up from her throne, surprising Felonious. "Felonious, update me when you have good news for me. And may I ask, was it the Shadowhunters who were behind her murder?" The girl who entered earlier stumbled to her feet.
"Yes, ma'am. That is what we believe happened. More than likely it was Jace Herondale. The one with Angel blood in him. He is known for being a skilled Shadowhunter. We are not sure who else was there but we are certain of his Parabatai and the Parabatai's husband being there. As they are the parents of the child."
"I'll have his head if that's what it takes!" She sighed once again. "I must leave now to figure out what I'm going to do with the little brat." Felonious and the girl didn't know what to do, but they eventually left though a different door. She walked out of the room and the scene ended.

It was an odd dream, but everything made sense when I woke up. Usually I can't tell if my dreams are real or not, but this time I'm certain of it. This was true this time. Of course it was the Seelie Queen! I mentally scolded myself for not realizing it before. Maybe because I almost died but that doesn't matter. I stretched out my hand to wake up Alec, but he wasn't here. "Alec?" I looked at the time. It was already eight, which means I was asleep for a long time. I threw off my sheets and got up, excited to tell Alec my dream. It was the closest chance we've had so far. The first time that it was certain where she was. The little thing must be terrified. It feels like I haven't seen her in centuries, and I miss her.

I check the kitchen first because that was the most logical place to check. I'm such in a rush that I almost knock him over. "Oh, Magnus. You're awake." He smiled and kissed me. "Did you sleep well?"

"I slept great but that isn't the main focus. I have big news." He looked slightly confused, so I explained. But I was speaking so fast that I'm not sure if he caught all of it. "Do you understand?" I said after all of it. "What do you think?" Alec still looked confused, but he figured it out.

"Magnus, I think I understand. Are you sure? This isn't just some kind of nightmare and going after the Seelie Queen won't end in another dead end?" I'm not sure why he would doubt me, but I don't think that's what it is. He's probably tired of all of these dead ends. Every time that we didn't find her, it wore down on his faith in finding her. We love our daughter so much, and we miss her deeply. Alec might have taken he loss harder than I thought, but he still has hope in finding her, he's just tired.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"I am certain of this. I can't wrong again. I just can't. Every time so far I haven't been right, but this time I am."

"And if you're not?" I didn't want to think this way, but it's the only other option based on what Alec has told me.

"Then I think there's no other choice. Maddi is dead." He looked at me with an expression I never want to see ever again in my lifetime. It was full of pain, and her death would definitely bring on waves of pain and loss. "But that's not going to happen. I know it's not." My word was all I had, but it was going to take me to Maddi. "So we tell the others and we all go again. None of them are badly hurt, are they?" I was so occupied by questions and finding out information that I didn't ask if any of the others are okay. Knowing Jace and them, they probably are, but you never know.

"They're all okay. None of them got as hurt as you, so it's okay. They'll be ready for another rescue mission. Last one didn't go so well." He ran his hands through his messy hair. The fact that he carries Aversa's blood on his hands doesn't sit well with him. If you kill someone, even out of self defense, you're going to feel some guilt. It's going to haunt you for the rest of your life no matter what, but I don't want Alec to feel that way. He's human, he's going to feel that guilt, but I don't want him to think of that everyday of his life. Everything that happens on this journey is going to benefit us. It'll make us stronger, make us learn, and help us one way or another. That's life, isn't it?

"Hey we did get something done. You killed her." He cringed. "Hey, it's okay. You did it for the best. If you didn't kill her I wouldn't have figured this out. We'd more than likely just keep asking her where she is, and she wouldn't speak. Then we wouldn't know where to go on from there. But now we have an actual real chance. You did the right thing. Believe me. Even if you don't feel good about it, you should be okay. You still have me, and soon enough Maddi." He hugged me, holding me tight.

"By the Angel, I love you. This whole thing has been wearing down on me, but I'm glad you're here with me. I'm glad you stayed here with me. I'm so glad." He kissed me. "Thank you."

"Darling I wouldn't dream of leaving you. Never in all of my years of living have I loved someone so much. You, Alexander are truly the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Thank you for being here," he mumbled in my ear. This is love. Knowing that every day there's something in store for you with someone else. Even if it brings you near death, you're glad that you've had the privilege to love them and hold them close to you. And I'm grateful for that.

I bet you guys didn't think I was going time update. April fools I guess. Im going to try to get back to a chapter each week but state testing is a bitch. Well I hoped you enjoyed! Vote, comment, and stay awesome.