Chapter 30

Michael and I had texted each other a little since I was at his house last.

Michael: gabriella I gave luke back the x-box and he won't hang out with me anymore. will you?

Michael: I love you can you come cuddle with me?

Michael: princess I just got the Lego Movie on dvd this is the best day of my life and you're not here to share it with me. what is wrong with this picture?

Michael: what the fuck school starts back tomorrow.

I had responded to all of his text messages with little enthusiasm. I had gone back over to Michael's house once and spent it mostly with Luke. Michael was there and I would sneak across the hall and talk to him for a little bit. It felt like the way we were before, we kissed a couple times but I never let it get too far because I was still trying to keep him hooked. He would groan and wonder what exactly I was doing to him. I would laugh and tell him that he would find out eventually, then leave back to Luke's room.

"So today is the last day of torturing your boyfriend." Luke moaned as he drove me to school . I think once this was over Luke was going to be the happiest, simply because he didn't have to listen to me talk about Michael anymore. He probably wanted me and Michael back together then we did. "By the way you look nice." I had on a regular black, long sleeved, crop top and a plaid skater skirt, accompanied with a black pair of boots. 

"Thanks, Luke." I smiled, pleased with my outfit of choice. "Thank you for being here with me the past week. I'm sure you could've been doing more and exciting things." 

"You're welcome." He sighed, putting on the left had turn signal and pulling into school. "I'm just glad that the X-Box is back downstairs. I don't know what you did to him but whatever it was, it worked." 

"He's my boyfriend and we love each other. I can say his name and he gets a boner." As we pulled up I saw Michael leaning up against his car. "Oh! There's Michael!" I said happily.

"Would you like me to slow down so you can tuck and roll?" I scrunched up my nose at his comment. Jeez, what crawled in his cereal and died this morning. Luke put the car in park and I climbed out, making sure that Michael saw me. I kept walking toward the building as I saw Michael appear next to me. 

"You look really good today, Princess." Michael complimented, trying to give me a kiss but I backed away before that could happen. "Come on Gabriella. How much longer are you going to do this to me? I'm starting to have withdraws." 

"Not much longer I promise." I reassured him, lightly intertwining our fingers together. The halls were crowded with people, which was strange this early in the morning. "I'll meet you in class, I have to get something out of my locker real quick." Michael nodded and left, surprisingly he didn't try for another kiss. 

"Oh gross." Was the first thing to fly out of my mouth when I saw James standing at my locker. He stood up against my locker, smirking at me. If he wasn't so slimy and repulsive he could actually be date-able.

"You're not thrilled to see me?" Even his voice was disgusting. The way he spoke was such a turn off that it wasn't even funny. James always thought he was smooth and clever, but in reality he was just weird and sleazy. 

"Can you just please move so I can get to my locker?" I was tired and the last thing I wanted was to talk to James. Hopefully this wouldn't take long and I could get back to class before Michael ever found out. 

"I'm not going to be creepy and tell you to make me or something. I just came to talk." I raised an eyebrow, what could he possibly want to talk to me about? "Word around town is that you and your little boyfriend had a falling out." Of course it had to be about Michael and me.