Chapter 22

Michael had hardly talked to me since I saw him a couple days ago. I figured it was because I had brought up meeting my parents, who scared him. He would give me simple repsponses to my questions and grunted when I asked him drive me home. I decided to take matters into my own hands and talk to him about it. So after school I went to his house and Luke opened the door.

"Oh hey Gabriella. Michael's in the shower right now." Luke rubbed the back of his neck. I pushed past him, not caring if he was in the shower or not. "Gabriella I said he was in the shower!" Luke called after me. It's not like it was a big deal. I went up the stairs to Michael's room, his door was shut but I went in anyways. When I opened it I saw Michael standing at his dresser, with a towel wrapped around his waist. He was dry but his hair looked like a wet dog. Michael turned around for a brief second to look at me before returning to his dresser. "Hey Princess."

"Hey stranger." I whispered as I wrapped my arms his waist from behind. "I've missed you." I said as I kissed his shoulder and moved up his neck.

"Gabriella please. I'm trying to get dressed." He said, clearly annoyed with me. Michael unhooked myself from his body to put on a shirt. I moved myself in front of him so he couldn't go for the jeans. "Gabriella what are you doing?" He inhaled sharply as I played with the hem of the towel. Michael shifted his weight as I bit down on my bottom lip and giggled. "Gabriella stop." Michael said in a harsh and demanding tone. He took a step forward and looked down at me, closing the space between. He looked very dominating from this angle.

I let my act go and rolled my eyes. He was being so uptight lately all I wanted was to talk to him. "What's up with you?" I asked sweetly, hoping he would open up to me now. "Why haven't you been yourself lately?"

"I have been myself!" He protested by crossing his arms. It bothered me that he didn't want to tell me what's wrong. He could trust me and I would listen to him. There shouldn't be anything that we kept from each other. I looked up at him with a glare which would hopefully get him to say something. "I'm fine, Babe. Just don't worry about it." He leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the cheek before shoving me out of the way of his dresser. Michael grabbed a pair of jeans and went into the bathroom, leaving me alone in his room. I wasn't in Michael's room often, mostly because we were usually in my room or somewhere else. Michael didn't like taking me to his house because Luke was always there and he thought it was awkward with him around, like we couldn't do anything.

I looked around, taking his room in. There were a few posters of bands that he liked pinned up on the wall. He had a record player sitting in the corner of the room with a vinyl record sitting in it. His mirror had his moms necklace hanging on it with a picture of Australia's flag taped next to it. I sat down on his bed, which was facing everything, so I could get a view of his whole room without having to turn my head.

"What's been up with you?" He smiled as he came back into the room. I don't know what he did in the bathroom but it seemed like he was himself again. Michael collapsed next to me and pulled me closer to him.

"I talked to my parents about having you over for dinner." I knew it was something he didn't want to hear but he had to eventually. He shifted uncomfortably and looked away from me. "Look Michael I know my parents, specifically my mom, aren't your cup of tea but you have to suck it up and deal with it. You're my boyfriend and you meeting my parents is important to me."

"I get it, Gabriella, I really do. But your mom scares the shit out of me ever since she caught us in the library." Michael let out a long sigh and rested his head against the headboard. "And who even knows how your dad is going to react to meeting the guy who pulls his daughter of school to make out. What if he finds out about the other times? I can't be beheaded I'm too young!"