Chapter 8

The couple days leading up to Luke's party have been all filled with Michael bugging me every chance he got. In art he pushed his eraser shavings to my side of the table. In history he would close my book every time the teacher told us to flip to a new page. Lastly, in English he tapped my shoulder continuously, making me turn around and eventually getting yelled at by the teacher.

As much as Michael was annoying me, I found myself hanging out with him a lot. Some days we would be at my house, the next at his. I couldn't help but enjoy his company. He made me smile when I was stressing out over homework, he made me laugh when my brother wanted to put his frogs in my bathroom sink.

"Tonight is the night the plan is launched." Michael cracked his knuckles in satisfaction. The plan Michael was referring to was his plan to get Luke to have sex with a girl. It was also Luke's party tonight and as Michael liked to say "it's his time to shine, Gabriella."

"I don't know if I'll be able to go through with this." I groaned, resting my head on the back of Michael's couch. Luke wasn't at home so we didn't have to be quiet about it.

"Don't screw this up for Luke!" He snapped. "He's a great guy and he's my best friend, he would do the same thing for me, I have to return the favor." I noticed the last part when Michael may have not, he wanted to return the favor Luke had, or already did for him. I assumed it was hooking up Michael with a girl.

I put my hands up in defense, "I'm ever so sorry." "You should be." He said pushes me slightly, laughing like a little boy. "But I was thinking since Jillian Lynch is going to the party we could hook her and Luke up."

"Jillian is way out of Luke's league, Michael." I corrected him. "I was thinking Amber Freeman. She and Luke have a lot in common and I see the way he looks at her in History." Michael groaned and rolled his eyes. "What?"

"Jillian is so hot, Gabriella. Let Luke have a nice moment in his life."

"So you think that a random hook up is better than a potential relationship. If we formally introduce Luke and Amber they could actually get into a relationship. What do you think Luke will remember more? A hook up with a girl who everyone thinks is pretty, or a girl that Luke will remember for a long time because of how loving their relationship is?"

"The first one." Michael answered. He was being such a guy right now I wanted to punch him in the face. "If it's Jillian then why wouldn't he remember that?"

"Do you hear what you're saying right now? Or is it an annoying buzzing sound and you just assume it's okay to keep talking?"

"Princess, are you saying this because being stuck in the castle is incredibly boring, and that you feel the need to ge incredibly annoying right now?"

"You're such a jackass." I mumbled to myself. I knew Michael heard what I said when he shut up and returned to watching tv.

**

When I got to Michael's house at 7 that night, music was blaring from inside of the house. I pushed my way past couple and a group of girls from school. It seemed like Luke wasn't too bad at throwing parties.

"Hey, Princess." Somebody said from behind me. It's Michael, he was holding two red plastic cups in his hands, his hair was messy as usual but it looked great on him, his green eyes lit up. "I saw you come in and I got you a beer." Our hands brushed each others as he handed me the cup. "Thanks." I said quietly and took a sip. "Amber is here."

I cocked my head in confusion. "I thought you wanted it to be Jillian?"

"In the awkward silence after our fight I realized that you were right, Princess. I'm also sorry for calling you annoying." Michael looked down into his cup.