Chapter 16

All week Michael has acted like nothing had ever happened. While I knew damn well that he was hiding something from me, something that was a big deal to him. I wanted to Michael to be truthful with me more than anything, and if he wasn't then I couldn't be his girlfriend. I gave him very vague answers when he asked me question in class, I didn't make eye contact with him, and I inched away when he tried to hold my hand.

But on Thursday in art class he decided to figure me out. "What's been up with you lately?" Michael said, poking me in the arm. 

"I'm fine, Michael." I answered quietly. I glanced at him and returned to my sketch. Ignoring what I said he kept pestering me. He tapped his pencil on the desk repeatedly, knowing I hated it. "Michael!" I snapped. "I will break that pencil in half." 

"Jeez what's your problem?" He chuckled slightly, finding my anger amusing. 

"You." I whispered to myself.

"What? Why? I haven't done anything?" He looked genuinely confused. "Is this about what James said?" I nodded slowly. "Why the hell would you listen to that guy? You know damn well he's capable of lying to any girl."

"I don't know Michael, I guess a part of me felt like he was telling the truth." I left out the fact that Michael and Sasha's initials were engraved in a heart in a desk.

"What about the other part?" He spun back and forth on his stool. "Why would you believe a scum bag over the guy who you're dating?" I didn't really think of it that way until he brought it up. Unfortunately he made a good point. I was showing more trust in James over Michael, but I knew Michael wasn't telling me the truth.

"It's not like that and you know it." I kept my voice quiet and looked down at my paper, not wanting anybody to hear us.

"Are you sure because it seems exactly like that." I could hear the anger starting to form inside Michael, his accent getting thicker. He leaned in closer to me and I could feel his breath on my neck. "Look Gabriella, I don't want a girlfriend who doesn't trust her boyfriend."

"I'm not your girlfriend." I said, my voice shaking. My heart was beating fast in my chest. I was extremely nervous of what his reaction would be. I didn't want him to be mad at me, I just wanted him to talk to me.

"I guess that's a good thing then." With those words he gathered up his things and left class. He ignored the calls from our teacher as he pulled open the door and walked out.

I burried my face in my hands. "Hey Gabriella." I heard a voice say. I looked up and it was Luke. He took a seat in where Michael had sat and scooted closer to me. "You okay?"

I tried to not let Luke see how mad and upset I actually was. "I'm good." I lied. I couldn't open up to Luke about this because it involved Sasha, and I wasn't sure if he knew.

"You don't really look like it. Michael can be kind of a jerk sometimes." Luke said sympathetically. Him and Michael were still mad at each other from what I knew, so Luke didn't have a problem with telling me how he felt about Michael. Before I could respond the bell rang. I gathered my things with no intention of continuing my conversation with Luke. "Gabriella wait!" He called after me. I ignored his pleads and continued walking until I got to the student parking lot. I looked around only to see Michael's car gone. "Gabriella hey." Luke whispered as he finally caught up to me. "Tell me what's going on."

"I can't do that until I talk to Michael. But since I was being a nosy little bitch I don't think that'll happen." I pressed my lips together and looked up at Luke, who's blue eyes were looking down at me.

"I'm sure you had a good reason for whatever it was. You're not a bad person, Gabriella." Luke put his hands on both of my arms and pulled me to his chest, hugging me lightly.

I didn't bother hugging Luke back, seeing as how I wasn't in the mood for a hug."I feel like one. Whenever Michael tells me he doesn't want to talk about something I always have to force it out of him. It kinda sucks." 

"Want me to take you home?" Luke asked, still hugging me.

"I can't just skip school, Luke. My parents would burry me." I reminded him.

"Yea but I think you need it." He finally pulled away from me. "Come on I'll take you home." He took me by the hand and started walking to his car.

**

Luckily my parents weren't home when I got there. Since it was after lunch someone would've been home. I climbed the stairs to my room slowly, not seeing a purpose to rush. Usually I closed my door when I left for school but now it was open. My stupid brother probably came and took something.

Only he didn't. When I stepped foot into my bedroom I found Michael lying on my bed. He was throwing a bouncy ball in the air and catching it again. He looked so good it hurt. His hair was spiked in random directions and his flannel had risen up a bit, exposing a small part of his stomach. I coughed, alerting him to the fact that I was here. He let the bouncy ball hit the carpeted floor as he turned to look at me. "Hey Gabriella."

"What are you doing here?" I asked and adjusted my bookbag.

"I was mad at you so I came here." He slowly rose from his horizontal position and sat up. "I climbed in through your window which was unlocked. You may want to start locking it, some guy could come in." I was less interested in how he got here, but why.

"What are you really doing here?" I repeated. He patted the empty spot next to him, signaling me to come join him. I figured I had nothing to lose so I walked over and sat facing him.

"I'm so pissed off at you, Gabriella." He said nonchalantly. I opened my mouth for a rebuttal but he kept talking. "But I understand why you wanted to pry into my inner thoughts. You make me really mad when you do that but I guess I just deal with it. Anyways, I thought you deserved the truth."

"What are you saying?" I was beyond confused. He made big scene because he wanted to hide something from me? He made me seek Luke for comfort because he was too chicken to open up to me?

"I'm saying that James was right." I raised my eyebrows, those words actually came out of his mouth. "And I never told you the full truth." I rested my head on my hand, covering my mouth and trying to get all emotional. I didn't want Michael lying to me. "I dated Sasha last year and to be honest, I was in love with her." I bit my lip, his words hurt more than I expected them to. "But then she decided to get involved with James, she cheated on me and kind of broke my heart. She hooked up with James and decided to move on to Luke."

" Why would Luke be dumb enough to go after Sasha after all she's done?" I interrupted.

"I don't know. The boys not too great with the ladies." Michael started playing with the bottom button on his flannel. "Putting Luke aside, she left me bitter and angry. That's why I hate her so much. As for Luke I wish he would wake up and smell the fire coming from her lair."

It was beyond hard to sit here and stay silent while I watched the guy I was infatuated with confess his love for someone else. Even if it was once upon a time. "Thanks for telling me this." I tried for a smile. "Guess you're going to leave now, right?"

"Hell no." He sat up straight. "I'm not done." I muttered an oh. "But at the end of the day I like you a lot more than I have ever liked her. The end."

"You do realize you've made me go from angry to upset to happy all in one day?" I giggled, lighting up the mood.

"I'm sorry I made you upset." Michael apologized, taking his hand in mine. "You're princess and I'm a lonely village boy who admires you from afar. Except I don't want to."

"Then why don't you admire me up close?" I batted my eyelashes. I wanted him to kiss me right now more than anything.

"How do you not have so many guys running up to your castle, Princess?" He shook his head in amazement.

"I don't want those other guys."

**
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'M SO UPSET DON'T TOUCH ME

(i think the next chapter will be smut so  prepare yourselves)