Chapter five

Betty's POV:
I walked ahead of jughead and the guards. My heart pounding. They were so rough with him so forceful without giving him a chance. If I was him I'd be angry too. But. He wasn't. He didn't do anything to fight them. He just stayed quiet and let them do their job.

He was sat in a separate room getting his knuckles tended to. I sigh to myself. Wishing I didn't press the buzzer. He didn't deserve to be handled like that.

I watch quietly as they stand him back up. He talks to the doctor quietly as the guards put his hands behind his back again. He nods quietly as the doctor tell him to have a good day. Before he is turned around and lead out.

That's what surprised me. He was marked as violent. Yet he never fought back. It made no sense. I smile at the doctor and go to talk to a guard.

"Why is Jones makes as dangerous. He never fought any of you guys?" I say. The guard laughs. "He is part of a gang. And within the first hour of being here he knocked one guard out without much reason" he said. Before walking away

I stood there shocked. Before crossing my arms and filling where they took Jughead. I shudder as I walk past cells. Nasty things being shouted to me.

I stop when I see him. Asleep on the bed. Raven hair falling to one side. His arm covering his eyes. He looked so calm. I smile to myself and walk forward.

I gently tap his cells Bars. He woke up slowly and looked at me shocked before shooting up. He rushes toward the bars. I take a step back quietly. Wondering if this was a bad idea

I looked at him quietly. He looked so panicked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a rushed tone. "I needed to ask you something" I said shrugging.

He reaches forward and grabbed my arm tightly. I struggled against him.
"Do you see how easy that was?" He asks letting go of me "now imagine it was one of them that won't let go" he said tipping his head to signal the other prisoners.

I nod quietly my heart pounding in my chest.

"Look" he says "ask a guard to see me and we can go a private place. But I don't want you being here around others like me. Not alone" he said. Giving me a stern look before turning away. I go to walk away.

"Are you stupid?!?" He says angrily. "What did I just say?" He asked. He grabbed hold of me "shout guard" he murmured in my ear. I nod silently my blood rushing in my ears

"GUARD!" I yell as loud as I could. Quickly enough a guard arrived. Jughead let go of me and stood facing the wall. Hands up.

I felt tear fill my eyes. He was yelled abuse at for even touching me. But he took it. Head and hands against the wall. Eyes closed. "Just make sure she leaves safely" he says in a rough tone to the guard. The guard opened his cell and charged towards him.

Jughead spun on his heel. Suddenly dangerous looking as he faced the guard.
"Don't speak to me like that" the guard said in a nasty tone. Jughead closed his eyes for a few seconds. "Or what" he says. In a deadly tone.

My head spun "he was worried for me" I blurt. The guard turns to me then back to jughead "this true" jughead nodded silently.

The guard nodded tightly. "You need to come with us then Jones. Jughead nodded and held out his hands. Keeping still as the handcuffs snaked around his wrists. Once done he lowered them and followed behind me and the guard in dead silence.