Chapter three

Jugheads POV:
I lean back in my chair. Well. As best as I can in a solid metal chair. Metal clanking metal as I shifted to move the beanie on my head.

She opened her mouth then closed it. I smirked again. She looked like a goldfish. "I'm jughead. I'm sure you know. Your name is?" I ask. Bored of the silence.

"B...b...Betty Cooper" she stuttered out. I smile
"Nice name" I say. Leaning forward in the seat. I studied her quietly. I could see the sweat forming on her hands. I frown slightly "what's wrong" I ask. My tone softening slightly.

"How old are you?" She blurts about
I smile "16 and you?" I ask.

"Same" she breaths out. Before falling quiet and fiddling with my file

Bike rose up my throat as I thought about what was in there. "Have you read it?" I ask. A calm tone despite the panic rushing through me.
She shook her head and I relaxed slightly. But that didn't make sense at why she was so scared.

I sigh a cock my head to the side. What is going on

Betty's POV:
I could feel the sweat forming on my hands. I couldn't look at him. My heart was pounding. Just across from me was a boy. The same age as me. Who was capable of anything. I close my eyes.

"What did you do?" I ask. Looking up at him. He was restrained. He couldn't do anything. Why was I so scared.

His jaw clenched tight. I glanced at his hands to see they were balled into fists. His raven waved hair had called in-front of his right eye. I look over him silently.

"Just read it" he growled out. Taking me by surprise. I slowly picked up his file. Hands shaking. I flick through. The gruesome images of the body flooding my view. I glanced up at him to see him looking down. Ashamed almost. He was unclenching and clenching his hand. Clearly stressed.

I put down the file and look at him slowly. My head tilting to one side. "Why?" I ask.

He shook his head and let out a low laugh "guess" he said looking up. A stoney glare directed back at me.

My hand fumbled to find the panic button. My fingers hover over it.

He laughed again. "Press it. Go on. Your scared." He said. Lifting his hands in mock surrender.

I relaxed slightly "will you hurt me?" I ask curiosity getting the better of me. He shook his head "I wouldn't hurt you" he said quietly "not like i can do anything. Have you noticed I'm chained to the table?" He added sarcastically.

I shook my head and stood up silently. Pulling a handcuff key from my pocket "don't do something stupid" I said quietly leaning forward. My hands shook as I put the key in the lock. Inhaling his scent as I did

A loud clang rang out as the cuffs hit the table