Prison Break: Part I

The following morning, Dipper's car pulled out of the driveway and sped off towards work on the other side of town.

He couldn't help but feel worried about the kids. The last thing that he said to them had been that they were actually his sister's kids and not his, and to go to their room. He hadn't spoken to them since.

It wasn't that he had never thought of trying to talk to them again, it was just that he didn't know how. How was anyone supposed to explain the strange disappearance of their long lost parents after you lied about them for their entire lives?

In the end, he forced himself to push all those worries away. There wasn't anything he could do about it now. And besides, how much trouble could they possibly get themselves into while they were stuck in their room? It wasn't like they could get themselves arrested or anything, right?

Unknowingly to him, there was a pair of binoculars that had been watching him, waiting for him to leave the entire time.

Athena set down the binoculars from behind their bedroom window.

"Okay, he's gone now" she said. "Get the stuff ready."

"Remind me again why I have to wear this?" Aris complained, as he tugged on the uncomfortable school uniform. He was wearing a white formal shirt with a red tie and a grey sweater vest over it, along with khaki pants and dress shoes.

"My pants keep falling down. And the shrink ray doesn't help! Maybe I should build a transporter device that teleports all the city's pants to our bedroom for me to try on."

"Use a belt, genius" said Athena, as she walked over to him and tossed him a brown leather belt. She was wearing a similar school uniform, except she was wearing a red skirt instead.

Aris fitted the belt through the loops of his pants, and buckled it in the front.

"Oh, that's way more convenient!" he said, genuinely surprised at how the simple idea worked.

Athena sighed.

"I swear, Aris, without me you would have dried up and died by now."

"Then it's a good thing that I have you here to keep me alive" Aris replied as he typed in the coordinates to the watch.

He and his sister linked arms, and he slammed his fist down over the button, disappearing within only a few seconds.

This time, the watch had teleported them several feet above the air. The twins screamed as they plummeted down to the Earth, right into a bush that broke their fall.

"Ow, I really hope this isn't poison ivy" Aris moaned, as he rubbed his neck. "So, tell me again why we're dressed as prep school kids?"

Athena shot him a quizzical look.

"I thought I told you the plan last night. Twice."

"And you probably did, but my non-photographic memory can't really recall any of the details from your superior mind."

Athena groaned, and pointed wordlessly at the parking lot, where a white school bus was unloading at least a dozen kids around their age, wearing the same uniforms that they were currently wearing. The kids followed several chaperones with clipboards towards the prison building.

"Ohhhhhhhh that makes so much more sense" said Aris, as he nodded in understanding. "But did you really have to make me tuck in my shirt?"

Athena grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

"Come on."

They eventually caught up with the children, and melted right into the group.

Aris was chuckling excitedly.