Chapter 10

Izaya stared, unblinking at the night sky from the garden. The gang finished their hot water bath a while ago, and here they are, Shizuo and Izaya sitting in the same room without killing each other.

"You have some explaining to do, Orihara-kun." Shinra voiced his thoughts.

"Huh? Explain? Explain what?" His voice was teasing but if he were to face them instead of the twinkling stars right now, they'd know he wasn't smiling.

"Don't fuck with me, Flea." Shizuo growled. "Don't think we haven't seen anything."

"Oh, and what have you seen, Shizu-chan?"

"What's your past with those people, or more importantly, that vampire?" Shinra questioned. Izaya froze. They stayed silent for a while.

"Nothing that involves you, Ikebukuro, or anything related to you for that matter." Izaya answered. The trio was about to retort, when a black cat jumped fron the garden to Izaya's lap.

"Pet me, nyaah~" The cat said in the most monotone voice they'd ever heard from such a cute creature, and Izaya couldn't hold back from the irony. He laughed.

Not a sadistic, cunning laugh, but one he's been holding back almost his whole life. The sound was angelic, sprit-lifting, and refreshing. The trio looked on in shock and amazement, and Celty made a gasping motion.

'Holy shit...' Shizuo thought.

But the happiness was short-lived, as Izaya quickly realize where he was and who he was with. He shut himself immedietly, making Sleepy Ash's relieved face twist into a frown. 'He's still afraid.'

"Excuse me." Izaya stood up, and walked out of the inn, leaving the eldest servamp with the utterly shocked gang. Kuro sighed frustratedly.

"Troublesome, wait up, Izaya." He groaned, and jumped after the informant.

Mahiru, who's out in the garden, heard everything.

"Izaya-san, is everything ok?" He asked, worried for the raven. Izaya just shook his head with a shaky grin, but a soft glare from Kuro dropped it.

"I'm ok... i'm... just... i'm afraid. They never really bothered to care about my personal life before, which was a blessing, but now... i don't know what to do to keep them in the dark anymore..."

"Izaya, listen. You're bottling up your emotions, and it's not good. Ask Mahiru what happened to me." He looked briefly at the Eve. "I know your scared, because of what happened, and what might happen, but now, just relax for a while. You came here for this, did you not?" The cat who's human now brought the shorter vampire into a hug.

"Besides, they wouldn't dare touch you here. If they do..." Kuro's eyes darkened. "I'll make sure they never see daylight again." He ignored Mahiru's horrified 'Kuro NO!!'.

"...heh, thanks, Ash.. i needed that." Izaya wiped away his tears, and looked at Mahiru. "C'mon, you know you wanna join us!"

Mahiru laughed and squatted down for a group hug.

"You're not alone, Izaya-san, even if you think you are. You always have Kuro and i to ask for help. It's not nice to keep your emotions for too long, even if you're an informant with a god complex!" Mahiru chuckled at Izaya's pout, and Kuro's earlier frown turned into a blank face.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Envy pair who were in the shadow decided to leave the Sloth trio alone. Whatever reason Sleepy Ash has, he'll tell when he feel like it. It's obviously a touchy subject for them.

"Let's go, Jeje." And they were gone.

At the same time, Shizuo, Shinra and Celty, who heard some of the conversation, stayed dead silent.

Izaya wasn't plotting anything afterall. He came here to relax and forget about his past at the moment and they ruined it. The most guilty one was Shizuo.

"Ah, if you plan on eavesdropping on Sleepy Ash and his friends, be more discreet, humans!" A child-like voice startled them.

"Hugh? What are you doing here, so troublesome." Kuro hopped in in his cat form.

"Sleepy Ash!! What are you doin- nevermind! What is it you were saying you have a Subclass!?"

"I knew it was going to happen, Ash. You're avoiding the inevitable." Izaya stepped in with an amused smile, but it held an edge to it.

"Relax, Izaya-san." Mahiru whispered, and Izaya stopped being stiff.

"Ah, you must be Ash's Subclass, Orihara Izaya, was it?" Hugh flew up  to the informant in his bat form, startling the Ikebukuro trio.

"That's me. You're just as smart as Ash says you are, Old Child." Izaya raised a finger for a handshake once Hugh landed on his shoulder. The Servamp did not disappoint.

"He did? Why thank you, Orihara. According to the data, you are an informant as well."

They gained dangerous glints in their eyes, making everyone except Tetsu gulp.

'Oh no...' was the thought of all those who are smart enough to understand.

'We're screwed.'

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Aaaaaand done. So how was that? I think it's really bad, you?

Have a great day while i rot in school, guys :))

Byeee!!!