Chapter 3

_Shinra's pov:

Shizuo, my beloved Celty and i stood infront of Izaya's apartment in Shinjuku. After knocking a few times, i called out.

"Orihara-kun! Open the door!"

Said door finally opened to reveal...his annoyed secretary, Yagiri Namie.

"What do you want? That bastard's not here, so scram." She shut the door again, only to be stopped by Shizuo.

[Do you perhapse know where he is?] My beloved Celty typed in her PDA.

The woman rolled her eyes and said. "Tokyo, that's all i know." She shut the door again, making us wonder...

'What's that bastard/Izaya doing in Tokyo?'

------------

"So, you're the 'MahiMahi' Ash texted about?" Izaya observed the brunette, grinning at the uncomfortable face he was making.

"Kuro, who's this? I thought you said you didn't have a Subclass?" Mahiru turned towards his Servamp, who shrugged dismissively. Izaya chuckled at his friend's antics, and explained to the highschooler in his stead.

"Ash, you shouldn't lie to your Eve, you know? Anyway, Sleepy Ash and i met before you made the contract, which was about 6 years back..."

---Flashback---

_Izaya's pov:

It's the end of my high school years, how sad. I wish i could stay with Shizu-chan longer. Oh well, i'll mess with him when i go to Ikebukuro.

I walked home in the rain, not bothering to bring an umbrella. What can i say? I love the rain. You'll all understand the hidden meaning someday. Stopping in front of a big house, i walked pass the gates, getting my keys and opening the front door. My body stiffen by instinct, ready for anything to be thrown onto it. Sure enough, there he was...

My father.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Useless trash?" He spat in my face. I growled at him. What is HE doing here?!

"No, why in the hell are YOU doing here?!" I flicked out my switch-blade, pointing it at his face. He just snarled like an animal, ready to launch at me.

"You took everything from me! My wife, my money, my fame... I'm gonna kill ya, ya fucking scumbag brat!" He roared, snatching a chair nearby and swung it at my face. Unable to react fast enough, i flew to the wall from the impact. Hacking up blood, i glared.

"I didn't do ANYTHING to you! You KILLED her! You KILLED MY MOTHER! You ABUSED me, you KILLED people to keep your fame. YOU MARRIED MY MOTHER FOR HER HERRITAGE. I took you to jail, where you belong, and now you're here screaming at my face for something YOU did?!"

His face turned red in anger, quickly snatching a baseball bat from the couch, he swung it at my face. I jumped out of the way and ran past the gates. My fa-the man kept chasing me, trying to hit me in the head with that iron bat. My vision was getting blurry from the impact before, so my speed decreesed  greatly.

"Hehe! Got you now, street rat!" A loud thud was what i heard before falling to the wet ground, my dull topaz eyes looked up at the grey, pouring clouds. Blood pooling underneath me.

"Now, prepair to die...hehe...haHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" The man laughed loudly before bringing the bat down with great speed and force. It would smash my skull for sure.

Accepting my fate, i waited for death to claim me, only to hear a blood curling scream, then nothing. Peeking my eyes open, i found a pair of red eyes staring at me.

"Troublesome. You're not dead, are you?" He said in a concern-masked annoyed tone. Reaching my hand weakly to reach the new-comer, i said in the loudest voice i could have mustered.

"H-he-lp...me.." I don't want to die, at least, not yet, and not by the hands of that scumbag. The blue haired man groaned and scratched his blue locks, before looking at me again.

"What a pain...Do you want to live anymore, knowing the costs?" This time, the stranger's voice held seriousness. Costs? As long as i don't die by that bastard's hand, anyting is worth it.

"C-cos-ts...?"

"Being a vampire for as long as you're still living." My entire world froze, my mind was running miles in a second.

'To Be' or 'Not To Be'?

The final answer is...

"Y-ye-s."