Chapter 5

---Before meeting Izaya---

After the war with Tsubaki, the Servamp gang can't help but notice the eldest of the vampires had grown...distant? No, more like less lazy. That's surprising coming from the Sin of Sloth. Hell even Tsubaki was worried, and he hated his sibbling for god's sake!

It's a peaceful day for Mahiru, an he knew something is always wrong on peaceful days. He never gets any peace after getting involved with the Servamps, and with Kuro being a lazy NEET who makes a mess everywhere in his apartment? He thought not.

"Kuro?" The teenager asked his companion, only to be answered with silence.

"Kuro." He called again, but the vampire didn't reply. He was too engrossed in his phone that the teen's calls flew into deaf ears.

"KURO!" Mahiru shouted, startling the man greatly making him drop the phone in shock. Kuro held his furiously beating heart and wheezed harshly, his other hand grasped the cup he was holding so tight it looked like it would break any second.

"MahiMahi...what...the...hell..." Kuro said between breaths. It was scarier than Tsubaki pointing katanas at his brain.

"Sorry Kuro. You were so focused and i had to get your attention." Mahiru rubbed his head sheepishly, earning a 'Troublesome' from said vampire.

"Chatting with a friend. What a pain." This earned a confused look from his Eve. Kuro found it troublesome to chat with the other Eves and Servamps. Last time resulted in Tsubaki running into their apartment, yelling.

"FIGHT ME! NII-SAN!!"

'Horrible experience.' Mahiru shuddered. 'And Kuro has to deal with like...7 of him. Must be very tough.'

"Who's that?" Mahiru peeked over the bluenette's shoulder, only catching a glimpse of his conversation.

...*Previous conversations*...

Ash_[They're such a pain, can't deal.]

IzaIza_[Haha, ikr? Humans are so annoying, but having friends aren't that bad...when you even have one...]

Kuro only sighed, muttering 'What a pain' and typed some lines before his Eve's curious eyes.

Ash_[IzaIza, you know you could come to our town anytime, right?]

Mahiru swore the reply was immidiate, as if the other person was typing it beforehand. He read the message.

IzaIza_[Ash, you know how busy i am right? But if visiting you and relaxing in the hotspring counts as work, then i'll be there in a week.]

The brunette heard his Servamp sigh in...relief? He wasn't sure. Sleepy Ash wasn't one to show genuine emotions easily. Kuro continued typing.

Ash_[See you. Make sure to hide from my sibblings, gosh, so tiresome.]

Why does that person need to hide from the other? Mahiru found himself wonder, but nonetheless continued to look at the other's phone.

IzaIza_[I'll remember, Sleepy Ash]

It took the Eve of Sloth a few second to process that sentence. Hold on, how'd that person know his Servamp's code name?

Mahiru stared at his blue haired partner for an explanation, but only recieved a sigh from the man of Sloth.

"Can't deal. I'll explain in a week."

Mahiru narrowed his auburn eyes, but didn't pry further. His Servamp trusts him with such secret, so he will not betray that trust that he had tried his best to earn from the man. He smiled reasuringly his lazy friend.

"Ok. I trust you, Kuro."