08. Letting Go

Chapter 8

N O A H

"Noah I'm not going to chase after you in this big as-  I'm mean big house for Elle," Christiana said out of breath from chasing me and Elle around the house. She tries to run after us again, but I dodge her.

I don't know why she is trying because we do this all the time. "No, let's wait another year. I'm mean she isn't potty trained yet."

"Yes I am, you told me I was a big girl," Elle jumps in my arms and I shush her, not wanting her to tell Christiana that.

Christiana huffs in disbelief. "She is ready Noah you just not ready. You have school in an hour and you're running around like a 5 year old."

Shit, I forgot I had school today. Too much was happening this weekend that I almost forgot. I hope I did my homework. 

"Do I have to? You know kids are mean these days where I'm going to fight someone kids."

"You're not fighting no one and besides kids are so nice and humble around her age." 

Like I would actually believe that kids are the angels on gods green earth. Some of them, but not all of them like my sweet angel. I taught her to be kind to everyone, even though they are different from others.

"My baby is too pure and sensitive for them. What if they bully her for being too nice?" Christiana rolled her eyes at my excuses then walked over to me and I ran around the coffee table.

"Noah!" She screams and I laugh trying to dodge her once again, running down the hallway where the main living room was.

I ignored Trevor stare when I ran past him, then sat down on the couch. My angry twin came into the room with a flush face from the running we did. 

Why someone like him living in a huge house by himself?

"Aww, you guys playing tag and didn't ask me to play?" Trevor said a childish voice. 

Christiana runs through her hair in frustration. "No, Noah won't let Elle go to daycare and he has to go to school in a little while."

Trevor expression change when she mentions that I'm in college. "You're in college?" He asked me in stunned.

He makes it look like it was a bad thing. "Yeah, so? Is that a problem?" I ask him and he stares at me for a long time.