Chapter 16: Kris_Mr. Drunk

I sat there on my bed, looking at Violet. We didn't say anything. For a while. You know why? She spilled awkwardness all-over the conversation. Like she always does.

I sighed, "But why do we have to listen to a guy who's probably still asleep down at the bar? He was drunk, too. You never know what kind of stunt he'll pull on us. What if he's joking, and wants us murdered?" I told her.

Violet was quiet for a moment. "KRIS JUST GET OUT OF THE GOD DANG BED!"

Until five seconds later of slowly processing what I said.

I wasn't totally ready for her yell. So, I kinda, jerked backwards, and fell off the side of the bed. "OW! Violet!" I groaned. Now my head hurt like hell, and it's her fault.

"Now that you're out of bed, we can go now." Violet smiled at me, while walking over to the other side, helping me up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, we'll go see the drunk man," I swaggered off out of the room, and down the hall. Finally, down to the bar to meet Mr. Drunk, but what I saw wasn't exactly drunk-material. He was actually dressed. Not in rags, like he was last time. They were actually well-woven clothing. What is this guy's motive? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

"Hello, Duke." I said coolly, as I flipped my hair. Violet slowly crept up behind me, and tapped my shoulder. I wasn't surprised by it. Which made her look... weird. "So, are we going on the freaky-witchy-quest thing?" I asked.

He nodded. He didn't smell like alcohol. He kinda smelled like apples and peaches, but I didn't really, like, walk up and sniff him. No. That'd be just be odd, and people would question my sexuality. WHICH IN FACT, I AM STRAIGHT AS A LINE. Not like you cared to know, anyway.

"Why do you smell.. different?" I asked.

He gave me a small smile, and said "Well, this journey will be long and hard on you both. So, Duke needs to look his best AND smell his best. Did you honestly think I'd go drunk, and smell like alcohol? I think not," He patted the top of my head. Which annoyed me. NO ONE TOUCHES MY HAIR BUT ME!

"Well, now that we're ready... Where do we go?" Violet asked.

Duke was hesitant with his answer. He opened his mouth to say something, but words didn't spill.

"So, you haven't thought up a plan for us. With all that time you had grooming yourself for this quest?" I squinted my eyes. The light was too bright. Which probably made me look old, like Mr. Drunk standing in front of me.

"Erm.. Kinda. That's the plan. NOT thinking." He burst out laughing. Like one of those fake laughs. Violet laughed too, which made me frustrated. His laugh was.. loud and obnoxious. I really don't like this guy. What if he kills us? What if he's a pedophile?

Just then, I heard Anne laughing from the second floor of the Inn. I almost forgot about Anne. It wasn't my fault she was couped up in her room. Probably dancing on her bed in her underwear. Girls do weird things. The laughing went on for about five minutes. Violet was practically crying with laughter. Duke was just laughing. Anne, nearly fell off the second floor trying to go down the stairs because she was laughing so hard.

Finally, when Violet snapped back into her senses, she noticed I didn't laugh. One bit.

"Kris... Why are you being such a downer? You're always the one to be joking!" She giggled.

"Haha. Ha. Ha," I pretended to fake laugh.

To be honest, I was kind of tired. "Let's just go on this quest. Okay?"

"Well.. We'll need capes. Oh, and since this is a "medieval" looking town, as you guys put it, we don't have much. We don't have cars, better clothing, and any of the sort. So you will have to brave it out," Duke said, after clearing his throat. "Is that clear?"