Chapter 1: Kris_The First Day Of School

Hello, I'm Kris Vincint Rule. As you already read on Prologue my sister wrote. Sometimes, I worry about her.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm the mean ol' big brother, right? No! Have you heard about the time she put mud in my underwear drawer; I literally thought that that was poop for a second, but no! It was HER. She didn't even get grounded. I got in trouble for yelling at her. What the, that isn't right?

No, I shouldn't have started with hello. . . . Well, it is too late now. I'll begin my story. Violet is starting to rush me now. Our story isn't much of a story, but, Violet seems to think so. . . .

"Oh my god Kris, will you just hurry up? We'll miss the bus!" Violet rolled her eyes as she waited outside.

"No, I have to eat my bacon!" I yelled back. I took my sweet time enjoying my food, but my mother didn't look so pleased either. She took one glance at me, and shook her head. "What? It is food, do you want me to choke?"

"No, but honestly Kris. Do you want to be late? You only have six minutes until the bus gets here. I would hurry up, if I were you." She flipped her long brown hair behind her shoulder, as she turned back to the sink. The water ran from faucet, and onto the pile of white glinting dishes. She reached for the dish detergent, and poured the liquid onto the pile of dishes in the sink. She continued washing the dishes.

"Fine, I'm finished," I said as I pushed the dish gently closer to her. I grabbed my navy blue bookbag, and threw it over my right shoulder. "Okay, happy now? I'm coming.Not being late!" I ran out the open door. Then stopped to look back inside. Turning, I said: "Bye mum!" Then I closed the door shut.

The day was perfect. The only bad thing about it, was that it was too early to be awake and going to school. Then again, I think that of every school day. Violet, why would she wear make up to school? I never understood a girl. Nor anyone really. Like that one time Alex, my best friend, bought me Pokemon cards. Like seriously, Pokemon is SO old. No one at my school plays it. Well, not counting a whole class.... they're all anime nerds and stuff.

"Hey, Kris? Did you notice that you forgot your shoes?" She looked down at my feet. Oh god. I was only wearing white socks. How wonderful. The bus drove closer and closer to our house.

"No, I did not notice. DON'T -"

"Stupid."

"I told you not to call me stupid..." I grumbled as I went back inside to grab my shoes. Slipping my black converse on. I went back outside. The bus drove up to our driveway.

"Oh look, it is your boyfriend on the bus!" I pointed to Micheal.

He was the most unpopular boy in the school. Even Violet hated him. I felt kind of bad for him though, no one liking him in all. I'd never hang out with him though! God no, I'd go from popular, to loser. I had to sit next to him once. He kept trying to pet my hair. I slapped his hand a few times. It was disgusting.... AND embarrassing. People kept laughing at me! Violet wasn't there... or, I wished she wasn't. The funny thing is, I was having a wonderful day until he FINALLY TOUCHED MY HAIR! I slapped his hand like, six times. That was last year though.  You may be laughing right now, but, try being me! I have a horrible life. Well, school life. Imagine having people looking up to you all the time, and expecting answers?

. . .

I finally arrived at school. My first time ever at Bangor Middle School. BMS, is in Bangor, Maine. Well obviously Bangor was a BIG hint on where we live. My street is Kingston, 37 Drive. Well, obviously that is where I live.

"Hey, Kris!" I could hear my name being called. By... Oh, it was Alex.

"Hey Alex, s'up?" I said coolly.

"Nothing much. Kristina might be asking you out today."

"How would you even know that?" I said curiously as I looked at him. We walked down the school halls to the playground, where everyone waited.

"Rumors travel fast. Especially gossip."

"Well, she's too ugly anyway...." I said inside my head. "Oh, okay."

"Well, good luck. Try to reject her gently. She's known for drawing attention when someone breaks up with her!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, thanks for the heads up." I said as I waved goodbye. He vanished into another hall to the right. I continued my way straight. Pushing the door open, I finally made it to the playground. It was so cold. Spring sucks.

"Oh my god Micheal, can't you do anything right!" Sammy groaned as she walked off. Sammy was Micheal's cousin. She was much prettier than him. Then again, a guy can't be pretty.

I made my way to the center of the playground. People would stop, and stare to take a quick glance at me. Then just went back to their games. As I stood in the center, Alex came rushing out of the school building. I could tell he was looking for me. He only rushes when he can't find someone, meaning, me.

"Alex, over here!"

"Oh!" He nearly tripped over his own foot! "I've been looking for you, everywhere!"

"Um, you knew I was going to the playground, so?"

"Don't judge me!"

"I judge you all the time..."

"Oh shut up." He laughed as he handed me a notebook. It looked kind of emo, considering all of the hateful poems written on the front.

"What is this?"

"It is my notebook. Look inside, there is something you should see."

"Um, why are there hateful poems on the front? Are you emo, Alex?"

"Of course not. If I was, I would never talk to you. I'd probably go sulk in the boys bathroom about how ugly I am or something."

I couldn't help but laugh. He has done that once. I was there for him though, so he was okay. He scowled at me.

"What is that for?" He just rolled his eyes. Just ignoring. I opened the notebook. Inside, there were written conversations. Meaning, passed notes. I took once glance at him, then back at the notebook. "What is so important about it?"

"Nothing, it is just cool."

"That sounds interesting."

The school bell rang, and each and every student headed inside the building. Starting, period one.