Chapter 10: Violet_Discovering Death

Why did I have to die?

Everybody knows Kris is way stronger than me. Prophecy's can be wrong, right? I mean... Nothing is written in stone... Right? Even if it says that I will kill the Masked Lord, I'll never let Kris die. It's time to grow up an get past our brother-sisterly hatred for each other and step up to the plate. I know Kris is self-centered and all, but that doesn't mean he has to die, which is what I know he's thinking. No matter what, he is still my little brother, and Kris is not dying.

When I woke up, I went outside and sat around the fire. It was so very kind of these people to take us in, even in the finacial state they're in. I felt so bad for them as I realized how much I had when I lived at home, and now I'm feeling bad for myself and Kris, when I realize how much we've lost already.

I heard foot-steps come from behind me as I looked at the fire, it's orangey-red colours dancing in the wind.

"Hey, Violet." greeted Kris.

"Morning." I replied.

He sat down next to me and sighed.

"You know, too, don't you?" Kris mummbled.

"Know what?" I asked, even though I knew what he was going to say, and I really didn't want to say it outloud.

"That it's me who has to die," he said.

Yep, I knew it.

"I really-"

"Come on Violet," he said, leaning back on his hands. "admit it, I'm going to die. You're the one who has to kill the Masked Lord, you're the one-"

"We're both the chosen ones, okay Kris?" I snapped, viciously cutting him off. "If one of us has to die, I won't let it be you. I won't."

"Who said you had a say in this?" Kris joked, but deep down, he was serious.

I smiled weakly and leaned over to hug Kris. It was awkward at first, ("Um... What... Dude, my hair!") but eventually, he hugged me back.

"Aww, how cute!" said Anne, walking up behind us.

We quickly stopped hugging.

"I swear if you hold this against us-" Kris started.

"What will you do? Tell me because I am so never letting this go," said Anne, sitting down next to us.

I giggled and Kris face palmed.

"This is all your fault," said Kris. "Why do you have to make everything so sad, Violet?"

"Eh, it's what I do. I'm the sister" I smiled.

Anne laughed.

"I hate being the only guy sometimes," Kris said, flipping his hair.

"I love that there's only one guy," said Anne. "we can tease him all we want."

I laughed.

"So true."

"You better not," said Kris.

"Why not, pretty boy?" Anne questioned.

"Because I can see the future and it isn't looking so good if you do that."

"Oh wow Kris," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well it's true!" he said, laughing himself. 

I laid on my back on the grass and looked up at the sky. The sky was an orangey red and the coulds were pinkish, and both the suns were golden and shining. Yes, the planet had two suns... How did they have grass?

"I need to tell you guys about the Prophecy," said Anne.

"I really don't want to talk about that right now, Anne," I said. "do we have to do it today? Can't today just be a sit back, relax, and have fun day?"

"No, Violet. You guys need to realize how important you are to the Universe." Anne said. "You need to start your Prophecy."

Kris groaned.

"Kill Joy." he said.

I sat back up.

"Yes, but you guys need to get serious," said Anne.

"Well Violet will have no problem with that, but," Kris flipped his hair. "me? Serious? You amuse me."

Anne rolled her eyes.

"If one of you is going to die, don't you want to be prepared?"

"We are." Kris and I said at the same time.

"Oh really?" Anne pressed. "How are you going to die? How is the other going to get away?"

We were quiet.

"Who is going to die?" Anne asked us.

"Me." Kris and I said at the same time.

Anne stared at both of us as pity crossed her eyes.

"Do you know?" I asked her.

She stared at me with the same expression and answered with a single word: "Yes."

"Who?" I asked.

"I-I can't tell you," Anne said. "it will mess it up.."

"Anne if you don't tell me right now I will suck your soul out," I threatened angrily.

"Woah there, Violet," Kris said, trying to calm me down and I started leaning towards Anne and I assumed my eyes faintly glowed.

Anne backed up a bit, clearly frightened. I went back to my original spot and I felt my eyes stop glowing.

"Honestly, what could you mess up by telling us?" I asked angrily.

"The whole thing," said Anne. "I'm just hoping that if you guys don't know... You could defy the prophecy."

"We can?" Kris asked.

"I don't know," said Anne, and my heart felt like it dropped right into my stomach. "but you might... We've never exactly had a Prophecy here, before..."

"So we're like your little lab rats?" I asked offended.

"I shouldn't of said that," said Anne. "anyway-"

"No, not's anyway!" I said loudly. "If we can have both of us live, Anne, you need to tell us!"

"What are you doing?" came Aayliah's sweet little voice from behind us.

She sat down next to me.

I closed my eyes and took a long, deep breath, not knowing what my eyes looked like, and tried to calm down. Then I looked at her with a fake smile slapped on my face and said, "We're talking about the adventure we're about to go on."

Aayliah smirked. 

"I know you're talking about the Prophecy," she stood up and skipped around the fire in her little pink dress. "I know more about it than any of you, though, so I think to suggest you let me join in on your conversation."

"How do you know more than we do?" Kris asked, flipping his hair.

"Well," said Aayliah, mocking Kris by flipping her hair, which made Anne and I laugh. "my Daddy knows the woman who predicted that Prophecy, and he told me all about it."

"Why would your Dad tell you about something so sacred such as a Prophecy?" Anne asked.

"Because I'm smart." Aayliah said, and began skipping around the fire again.

"Kris, I believe we need to talk to somebody around here," I said.

"I think we do too." Kris agreed, and we both got up and ran into the house.