Chapter 12: Kris_Anticept

"You know the prophecy, so spill it!" Violet asked urgently.

I think this was Aayliah's father. He looks old.

"Yeah!" I chimed in. In all honesty, I don't want to know who dies. "Spill it old man!"

He turned with a plate of beef curry. My mouth watered from the smell. It smelled so yummy! I didn't know the poor could cook food that smells delicious. "Watch your mouth, you two."

I was shocked he even said that to me, "Well we want to know how we die! You know all about the prophecy - who wrote it."

"... There is nothing to tell," he said. His face was growing pale, and greasy. "You don't need to know. Wait, how do you even know this?" He raised an eyebrow at us.

"Aayliah told us," Violet said. Whenever she talked, it's like all awkwardness has spilled onto the conversation, and lathering itself on everyone who's in it. "She said you knew; so tell us now."

He sighed deeply, and sat down a stool near him. "Take a seat, this will be a while.."

"Kris, I had the chair first!" Violet protested. She punched me, in the shoulder. I was sent flying across the room. NOW MY HAIR'S A MESS AGAIN!

"NOOO!" I cried, not because of the pain, but because my hair was officially screwed.

"Oh calm down wuss bag. It's just hair -"

"What did you just do? You made a dent.. In the wall!" His eyes grew wide.

"Of course I did. I'm not weightless," I raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, I mean Violet's strength! That was amazing!"

"Oh, thanks for caring about me," I grumbled as I stood back up; brushing the dust off me. "Now can we hear the story?"

"Yes, you can.." He was now grim again.

Violet sat on her stool calmly, confidently, and happily. Why, this girl I could just strangle, but I won't because she's family AND a girl..

"Well, the writer of the prophecy died soon after she wrote it. She worked for The Masked Lord," his eyes flicked in fear as he said it. "The Masked Lord wasn't pleased in hearing this. So, he burned her to death."

"She's dead? No, that's just.." I could just tell Violet was having a hard time comprehending this.

"I know. You can't get any information from her personally.. but she has left varies copies of the parts of the prophecy. There is one piece missing from the entire thing. No one knows where it could be. No one even knows what it could be. There are hunters and Anicepts scattered across the many planets in search for this last piece. Each piece is written on a scroll."

Violet and I looked very puzzled after he said 'Anicepts'. What the heck are they? Don't tell me they're all like The Masked Lord. I couldn't handle that.

"They are the blue fiery demons -"

"The Soul Suckers?" Violet exclaimed.

"... If you're referring to their abilities, then yes they are."

Violet shuttered. She must've remember that moment when she was attacked by one of those Anicepts..

"Anyway, Anicepts take away Soul Energy from a human being. Basically, killing the person.." He was silent for a moment.

"So like, is that why everyone is freaks out when we're attacked by a Anicept?" I asked curiously, then flipping my hair.

"Yes, you guys without your immense Soul Energy, the whole universe itself would be doomed. You two are the key to saving us. Everyone. Many people tried to kill The Masked Lord, and no one ever succeeded. You two are also the youngest to ever be on the prophecy -"