Chapter 14: Kris_"Finally, some good news!"

Wait so, our prophecy was written on scrolls?

I thought that it'd be on something like a giant wall in a cave. You know because most prophecies are old. Like Melbery, before it burned.

The king spoke up again. "It reveals the death of one of you two. It also reveals if you win against the battle to The Masked Lord," he looked at Violet, then me. "Only two people know about the scroll that's been lost for years."

"Who are those two people?" I asked. "Are they like, kinda old too?"

"Well... Yes, yes they are."

"Do you know where we could find them?" Violet asked.

"No one knows where they are. If we knew, we would've told you, but there might be one person who knows. One of the very last of The Unknown, but that's it. No one knows where he or she is."

Violet and I looked at each other.

I knew we thought the same thing: Where is that person?..

Or, whatever the heck it is. Everyone on this planet is aliens. For all we know, they could become giant blobs of water and suffocate us.

"I think I know where the last of The Unknown is," Anne spoke up, finally. "He's on planet Five."

"Planet five? How do we ever GET there? How many planets are there?" Violet asked.

"There about about twenty or more-"

"I bet we can get a Rocket ship and go there. Or possibly use Alex as a rocket. He's always full of gas."

"That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard you say, Kris," she rolled her eyes. "Even IF Alex was always full of gas, how do we even fly? -"

"GUYS!" Anne blurted out. "YOU INTERRUPTED THE KING! How RUDE of them, your highness. I apologize.."

He just laughed. "I would be too if I found out I had a deadline to save the world. Wouldn't you, Anne?" He raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but also amusement.

Anne said nothing as she looked down at the floor, which was suddenly interesting.

The room was quiet. For a few seconds.

"Why not stay here at our best Tavern for the night? It is free, just for you four."

I almost forgot that the other girl Violet saved was with us. What was her name again?... Bry! Yeah, that was her name.

That was kind of mean, how I forgot her name and all. Then again, she's been hanging around in the back of the group. Not saying a word since we saved her. Well, since Violet saved her.

"W-We couldn't sir -" Violet was hesitant. Why was she always like that?

"Thank you, king. We will gladly take you up on that offer," I smiled, making sure Violet's mouth was shut. "Violet says thank you too."

My hand was over her mouth. She was quiet until she bit my hand!

"Bleh... Fine, Kris. If anything horrid happens, I blame it on you," she whispered, giving me the glare of death. "Thank you, your highness."

. . .

The inn was very.. rowdy.

As soon as Violet and I stepped into the pub, which was at the enterance of the inn, we were given shocked looks. Along with some laughter, then the whole pub was like that.

Anne was drunk out of her mind, and was dancing on top of one of the round tables in the center of the pub.

Violet and I were sitting as far away from Anne and her... seduced men, as possible.

"Anne looks kinda funny when she dances.." Violet giggled as she took a sip of water from the glass beside her.

"I know. She kind of looks like Alex when she dances."

Violet burst out laughing. As did I.

As the night went on, more and more people left the pub. Tripping over their own shoes. Laughing at their own faces.

One man stayed though. He seemed about he was in his fifties or so.

He was sitting on a stool, resting his elbows on the counter where the Bartender severed drinks.

"You two must be The Chosen Ones?" His voice was gruff.

He didn't even look at us. He knew we were here, even though we didn't make a sound that was even possibly louder than Anne's singing and loud stomps on the now-broken round table.

"Yeah," I said coolly, as I flipped my hair.

"Well.. Do I have some good news for you," he said coolly. His voice was intimidating.

"I know where the last of The Unknown are hidden.."

Finally, some good news!