Chapter 7

Stiles POV

I knew Malia was upset. She shouldn't have lied to Scott. But now wasn't the time to be mad at her. 

"We've all had to deal with things like this. Lydia's ex-boyfriend once turned into a psychotic creature that paralyzed people," I said, referring to Jackson. "Oh and there was a time when Derek was tricked by our teacher that turned out to be committing ritual sacrifice. And Scott was once manipulated by the leader of an alpha pack, who was trying to get him to kill somebody."
Malia looked at me, bewildered.

"My point is, all of us know that this isn't your fault. We will figure something out and get through this, just like always."
Malia sighed. "I hope so," she said. "Because if I become an alpha, don't want to deal with everybody."

I laughed and drove off.

 I went home after bringing Malia to her house. I walked inside and headed to my room, exhausted with the entire day. I opened my door and jumped out of surprise. Lydia was sitting on my bed.

 "Your dad let me in" she said. I didn't  move, still surprised by the fact that she was in my room. She looked around awkwardly after I didn't say anything.

"Oh right, sorry," I said, sitting on my bed next to her. "What's up?"

"I- I don't know. I just had one of those things. Where I end up somewhere and have no idea how I got there." She turned and looked at me. "So what's wrong? I'm not going to find any dead bodies am I?"

"No" I said. "At least, not yet." I told her everything. I knew I could trust her. And if she knew everything, maybe she could use her Banshee powers to help us.

 Lydia was quiet. She didn't say anything, and she didn't need to. She got up and hugged me, tight, and it was like all my problems melted away.

Eventually she let go, and I looked deep into her gorgeous green eyes.

"Thank you," I said.

"You were always there for me," Lydia replied. "Now I'm here for you."

I spent most of the night with Lydia. We talked a little bit here and there as we watched some movies. Around 1 in the morning she started getting ready to leave.  

"Thanks again," I said. "For everything." She smiled and left.
I was just about to go to bed when I heard noises and saw the hallway lights flicker on. I opened my door and peeked outside and saw my dad in his sheriff uniform getting ready to leave.
"What's going on?" I asked. He looked at me.

 "They found a body in the woods."