The Connection // a Stalia Fanfic.

I stared into his eyes. They always distracted me. Without the light, they looked like a simple shade of brown. Nothing special to them, but in the light. In the light they were not just brown. They were a shade between gold and hazel. They were absolutely stunning, just like the rest of him. Everything about him was breathtaking, from the way his untamed eyebrows furrow when he thinks, to his cute little nose, to his lips that are softer that a feather, to his hands that are holding mine right now. 

"Malia?" I hear. I look to him. He looks confused.

"Yes Stiles?" I answer back.

"What are you thinking about? Is it about your dad? I promise I will help you tell him if you want me to. Malia, if anything is bothering you, please tell me. All I want to do is protect you." he says so softly, it's almost as if he was whispering. I don't answer. All I do is cuddle closer to him. "Go to sleep. I promise I will be here when you wake up. No matter how bad it smells in this basement." I laugh, now noticing how bad it actually smells down here.

He smiles down at me. 

"What?" I say.

"I just like staring at you, and NOT in a creepy stalkerish way. You are just so beautiful, it's hard not to stare." he says. I look down smiling. He really is the best person to be around. "Look at me." he says lifting my head up. He leaned in, only inches away from us actually touching. "I want you to know, I am not just staying with you because we have a supernatural connection. I am staying with you because we have a real connection, one that doesn't involve any werewolves, coyotes, banshees, hunters. Anything. I really like you Malia. I never thought I could ever like anybody besides Lydia, but you changed that..." he leaned in ever closer. We were close enough that I could feel and hear his breathing. "and I will do anything to protect you. Anything at all." and then he grabs the back of my head and pulls me in to kiss him.