Chapter 5

Malia's POV

"What is it!?" I yelled. "Why are my eyes purple?!" Derek slowly walked over to us.

"You know what Scott is, right?" He asked. "You know that he is a true Alpha, which is incredibly rare."

I nodded.

"It sort of like that. Your eyes are turning purple because you are a natural born leader. Your body is fighting to become the Alpha."

I was shocked. I never pictured myself as an Alpha, but I did like being in charge.

Derek went on. "Since you are no longer an Omega and are now part of a pack, you're body is refusing on being a Beta and you are being forced to become more powerful."

"That doesn't sound so bad," I said. I didn't understand why Derek looked so troubled. "That's because there's more to it," said Stiles, scanning Derek's face. "I can tell."

Derek sighed. "A pack cannot have more than one Alpha. And whoever ends up loosing their power, will eventually die."

At first, I didn't really understand what Derek meant. But then it hit me. Everything sunk in. I was becoming an Alpha. But not without consequence. Not without someone dying, I realized, and there was no way out of it. All because of me.

"I'm sorry," I heard Derek whisper. I tried to blink back tears. I couldn't cry in front of everyone. I was stronger than that. My heartbeat began to rise. I turned around to see the only face that could keep me calm. Stiles. I saw his brown eyes water and watched a single tear rolled down his face. That did it for me. I stopped holding back my tears and ran into his arms and buried my face in his plaid shirt, trying to suppress my cries.

"You need to tell him," Derek said. "You need to tell Scott." I nodded and let go of Stiles. He needed to know as soon as possible.

We walked to the Jeep in silence. "Are you okay?" Stiles asked. For some reason, that made me mad. "Do you think I'm okay?!" I practically yelled. "I'm about to tell someone that they might die because of me!"

"Do you think that this is easy for me!? I'm going to lose my girlfriend or my best friend!"

I sighed. "Let's not fight, okay?" He nodded.

I gazed out the window the entire drive to Scott's house. "I hope you know this isn't your fault," Stiles said as we got out of the car. "Please, don't try to comfort me," I replied. "I don't want you feeling sorry for me." I rang the doorbell. "Come here," Stiles whispered, pulling me in for one short kiss. "You're handling everything better than I ever could. You're the strongest girl I know." I smiled.

The door swung open, and Scott stood in the doorway.

"Scott," I said. "We need to talk."

(a/n) // This chapter was written by the amazing staliaa! Can we get this chapter to 10 votes please? Love you guyss!