||Chapter 33 - Fortune||

Himoko's POV

Aang released a small breath of air, calming his breathing before with a quick thrust- Sends air towards me. I jumped up into the air, slinging myself backwards as I counter attacked, creating a whip and whacking his butt with it. He gave me a small look.

"What was that supposed to be?!" He asked me and I shrugged, "Something new?" I told him and he let out a small laugh before running towards me. We initiated into a small combat of fists, legs, and a bit of air bending before Aang backed off and ran up the trunk of a nearby tree, propelling off of it and turning himself before sending a huge gust of air towards me. I went to redirect it when I felt a sharp pain in my arm, cutting me off from defending myself and ended up being blown off of my feet. Aang landed on the ground and stopped, seeing the pain on my face.

"Are you okay, Himoko?" He asked me worriedly and I glanced down at my left arm. 'What was that sudden pain?' I questioned in my head.

"Umm yeah." My voice didn't sound convincing enough. Aang walked over to me and kneeled down, probably noticed that my focus was on my left arm.

"You could have easily redirected my attack, what stopped you?" He questioned me again and I sighed. "It's probably nothing, Aang."

"If your in pain, it's definitely not nothing." He quipped before helping me up and off of the ground.

"Let's take a break, and see if Katara can overlook your arm." He told me and I nodded. We walked back to the shoreline of the small lake we were currently camping by. It's been a few days since Aang and I was busted out by Zuko, and I had yet to tell any of them of what Zhao did to me, or my conversation with Zuko.

I blew a soft raspberry as I walked over to where Katara was, giving Alea lots of rubs on her tummy. Alea was quite enjoying herself while Momo was getting jealous.

"Umm hey Katara." She looked up at me, stopping momentarily of rubbing Alea's belly. "Yeah? What do you need?"

"Can you come with me for a second? You can go back to doing what you are doing afterwards." Katara nodded and stood up, making Alea whine and bounce up onto Katara's leg, trying to get her attention back.

"Sorry Alea, I will be quick." Katara apologized to the animal and Alea continued to whine but stopped bouncing and instead sat down, head hanging down low. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Alea, we won't be long." I told her before Katara and I walked into the tent, ducking down slightly.

"What do you need?"

"I have been feeling pain in my left arm and was wondering if you could take a look at it. You are basically the only other person who knows a little bit about medicine and wounds." I told her and she nodded, shrugging softly. "Don't know how much help I can be, but okay.".

I took off my shirt, revealing my upper body to Katara and briefly saw her blush at how quick I was to just let her see me with a bra on. Her blush faded when her eyes landed on my left arm and I looked down too, seeing a bruise formed around the wound I got from the arrow that night.

Katara unwrapped the bandage we had put on it and winced. It was infected.

"That's not good..." She muttered to herself.

"Why hasn't it healed yet?" I wondered and Katara looked at me.

"You have been training with Aang everyday so maybe you just didn't give it enough rest?"

"Yeah but-" I went to make an excuse but came up empty, sighing heavily to myself.

"I might have to go to a healer to sort this out." I told her and she nodded in agreement. We did what we could to stop the infection from spreading, and wrapped a new bandage around my arm before I put my long sleeve back on.