||Chapter 25 - Farewells||

Himoko's POV

I yawned tiredly, rubbing my eyes as I laid against Appa's stomach with Alea in my lap, rubbing her head against my chest lovingly. I took a good hour an a half nap and woke up to see that we were still in the village. I squinted my eyes, peering over where the trip was speaking to Arin. I shrugged, deciding I should probably give my goodbyes as well.

I carefully stood up from my position, placing Alea on the ground. I watched her bounce away over to where Momo was, looking to play.

With another yawn, I approached the group and rested my forearm on Katara's shoulder, "What did I miss?"

"We are just saying our farewells." Katara told me. Sokka gave me a small look, as if he was jealous.

"Did you have a nice nap, princess?" I rolled my eyes, "Hey, I haven't gone much sleep in the past-..." I trailed off, counting the days in my head, "...5 days?"

"We thank you Avatar, for bringing Hei Bai in peace, and brought back our loved ones. Is there anything you would want in return?"

"Food supplies would be great." Sokka stated before Aang could say anything, Katara elbowing her brother in the side.

"Sokka!"

"What? We need food!"

"We have spare food that can last you for two weeks, it won't be a problem." Adrian suddenly gulped, pulling at his collar nervously in shame.

"Yeah, about that..." Arin looked over at the fire boy who gave him a not so innocent smile.

"There is only a week's worth..."

"Adrian!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize we were going to be suddenly handing out free food-" Adrian was whacked at the back of the head by Jin.

"We apologize for Adrian, he can be selfish at times-"

"But you told me I could-" Another whack he received. I snorted, enjoying this view.

"It's fine. A week's food will be enough until we hit a market, right?" I asked the trio. Katara nodded in agreement.

"Oh! And can you guys supply us with clothes?" I asked Arin. He nodded with a smile, "Of course, anything to help.".

We loaded up Appa, and I handed the last bag to Sokka before I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned and looked to see Adrian, holding something in his hands.

"Huh? What is it?" I asked him.

"Chief wanted me to give this to you, something to help with the nightmares." My eyes widened in shock.

"W-What? How did you-" I whispered, "No need to whisper. Katara told us about it because she is worried about your well being. She has been noticing that you rarely ever sleep, and when you do, you wake up looking like you have seen a ghost. So... I made something for you to help you sleep." He handed me the bag. I furrowed my brows, looking inside the bag. I pulled out one of the bottles, staring at it.

"What is this?"

"Medicine. My dad used to be a travelling doctor. He taught me simple things when it came to making the stuff before he went off into the war. Drink only a small portion of it every night before you go to sleep, and don't drink too much." I nodded in understanding, turning the bottle around in my hand, staring at the orange liquid.

"This looks a lot like honey."

"It has honey and chamomile tea in it." I made a face, already being able to taste the honey.

"Dang it, the two things I hate with my entire being." He chuckled, nodding, "Anyways, this is a goodbye. At least for now, I hope you learn more about yourself, Himoko." He told me.

"Thank you, Adrian. You have done quite a lot for me in the past two weeks."

"Better to help others who need it. Even when they say they don't. It is no problem, I chose to help you."

"Why?" I asked him, seeing him stagger for a second. He ruffled the back of his head, his dark brown hair becoming even more unruly.

"I feel bad for what has happened to you, by the cause of half my heritage..." I shook my head, resting my hand on his shoulder, "You weren't even born yet when the 100 year war started, heck I wasn't either. And you were no where near me when my parents passed. Don't blame yourself for something your relatives or nation has done. What matters is that you had no part in it. Okay?" He sighed heavily, nodding.

"Himoko, come on!" I heard Aang call for me. I looked back over my shoulder, nodding.

"Coming! Stay safe Adrian." I bowed at him and he did the same.

"You too.".

To Be continued