||Chapter 31 - Guilt And Regret||

I have arisen from the dead of hiatus. -Golden (PSA: THIS WAS DONE ON MY PHONE THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH SO I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY SPELLING MISTAKES OR BAD GRAMMAR. THE COMPUTER I HAD BEEN USING FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AS OF RIGHT NOW)

Himoko's POV

I shivered against the cold wind and yet the air was humid from the rain we were currently experiencing. I could never deal with the cold well, but I also couldn't deal with the heat well either. Well, with the heat, there was an actual reason for that.

"Katara! Do you see where he could have went?!" I shouted over the wind, squinting to see through the rain so I didn't accidentally crashed us into something. I felt Katara's grip on my arm tighten slightly when I had to make a pretty sharp turn in order to avoid a big burly tree.

"There!" She exclaimed, pointing to a cave that I could vaguely see a stone staircase leading up to it. I nodded, not having much choice, even if Dangerous was there, we couldnt stay here for much longer with Appa, he was getting quite terrified and anxious from the thunder rumbling and distant lightning strikes.

With a huff, I veered Appa towards the cave, slowing down the speed we were going at so we could calmly enter the mouth of the cave.

Appa decided he wasn't gonna go into the cave at the moment, and just landed halfway into it. Katara and I hopped off, absolutely drenched from the rain.

"Aang..." I muttered, spotting him at the corner of the cave, his back facing us. I saw Katara frown at the corner of my eye before she began to slowly walk forward.

"I'm sorry for running away." Dang apologized grimly, hiding his face from us. Katara softened, inching her way closer to Aang.

"It's ok. That fisherman was way out of line." She stated but Aang shook his head.

"Actually, he wasnt."

"What do you mean, Aang?" I questioned.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"It has to do with your dream, doesn't it?" She questioned, walking the rest if the way to him, kneeling down and placing her hand upon his shoulder.

"Talk to us." Aang looked up at the two of us, conflicted. I made my way over, sitting down cross legged.

"You can trust us Aang, help us understand what you are feeling." Aang took a deep breath, nodding to himself. "Well, it's kind of a long story."

"We have more than enough time to listen to you." I stated before Momo suddenly runs off, chittering loudly. Appa makes a loud noise, making his soaked self into the cave, nudging Aang as if he was trying to give him courage.

"I'm gonna try to get a little fire going." I nodded in agreement, knowing that we might all get sick from being soaked in rain water.

"I will never forget the day the Monks told me I was the Avatar." He began, slowly transitioning to a story from his past.

"I was playing with some other kids just outside the south wall. I was trying to teach them how to do the air scooter... It was the first time I ever created a move with my air bending and none of the others kids could get it right away like I could. But before I could show them more, A Monk- A good friend of mine named Monk Gyatso called me over where he was at with the other monks. I thought they just wanted to speak to me about my bending, but it was more than that." He began his story, and I could see tears begin to well up in his eyes, which he quickly blinked away.

Soon enough the way he was speaking to us almost made it as if I could actually see his memory. His memory of finding out he was the Avatar was clear as night and day in my mind. It was an odd experience, but I was grateful that he was able to explain it to us so clearly.