e p i l o g u e

》Third Person

×One Week Later×

"I can't believe you're leaving today." Luke said just below a whisper. The table they were seated at was a green; much different that Michael's eyes. Luke didn't feel comfortable sitting in a room with convicted felons while they played card games or watched tv, but if Michael was there, so was Luke. Michael looked down at his frumpy orange jumpsuit and didn't dare meet Luke's pretty blue eyes, knowing they were probably pooling with tears.

And they were.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I shouldn't have talked to you in the first place. We wouldn't be in this mess. I'm sorry." His voice cracked in a way so shattering that it left Luke's heart in pieces too.

Luke blinked back the flood of tears and sniffled. "God, Michael, don't ever say that again. I would be dead right now if it wasn't for you."

The truth of the statement sent shivers down to Michael's very core. "Don't ever say that again either. I don't want to think about you dead."

"It's true, Michael!" Luke said a little bit louder than a whisper, "All I'm saying is, is that I'm glad you tried to kill me that day. And I'm glad that you didn't, because now we're here."

"In a prison, waiting for me to get shipped off to an American mental institution?"

"Well, yes, but we're together. That's where I want to be. You are my home." Luke said, wrapping his arms around Michael's waist, ignoring the glares (and some looks of adoration) from hardened criminals, and only focusing on his last few moments with his favorite person. He wasn't worried about how cliché he sounded, or how creepy, because he really is his home. His favorite place.

Michael's arms linked around Luke's neck and breathed in his home, knowing he wouldn't see him for a while.

Luke's parents were not thrilled with the fact that Luke "fell in like" with a serial killer, so they objected to the fact that Luke finish schooling in America where Michael would be staying in a New York insane facility. They wanted their son to fall in love with a normal guy - one without a criminal record - and have a normal life.

"Visiting time is over. Michael has to board the bus." A security guard tapped on Luke's shoulder, his voice calm but demanding. They broke their embrace and Michael finally met Luke's eyes and suddenly he was back to the first time he ever saw the blue orbs.

His glassy blue eyes illuminated in the night and would virtually make any star jealous.

The tears that Luke tried so desperately to fight now fell down his pale cheeks and dripped onto the green bench. Michael cupped his cheeks and wiped the tears with his thumb, leaving a kiss on Luke's nose.

"I'll see you soon, baby. I can't go forever without coming home."

Luke swallowed the lump in his throat that formed with Michael's words. Michael pressed his lips to Luke's and the blonde thought about their first kiss on that ugly orange couch, and bit back a smile. The security guard clapped his hands, signaling that visiting time was really over and that Michael had to go. And so Michael went.

Luke felt colder without Michael's kiss or his arms around him, but Michael's promise still rang clear as day in his mind. His promise to come back to him. Just how soon Luke would see him, neither had planned.

THE END

--

I'm still on vacation but I really wanted to write the epilogue so yeah here you go omfg

××××××DO NOT REMOVE THIS FROM YOUR LIBRARY. I WILL POST INFORMATION ABOUT THE SEQUEL HERE. DO NOT REMOVE.××××××

this story made it to 96k and I'm really just so thankful for all of you guys. you make my stories worth writing and for some reason you guys love them and I love you guys and gah you mean the world to me

I have an idea for the sequel thanks to @larrys2fab4u so yasss

I had a fun time writing this and I can't wait to start the sequel.

*gerard voice*

SO LONG AND GOODNIGHT

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie