t w e n t y - t h r e e

READ THE NOTE AT THE END

》Luke

He connected our lips again; this time the kiss slower and less needy. This one showed want. We craved each other - virtual strangers craved to be so close to each other in every possible way. This showed a passion like no other.

He stopped for a moment and I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Luke, you have no idea how much I want to do this, bu-"

"But you don't want to?" My heart felt like it was in pieces; back to the broken mosaic it's always been. I don't like being dependent on someone- especially not someone I met mere hours ago, but I cannot help what he has done to me in the hours that we've known each other. I don't even know his middle name but I feel like I would share the rest of my life with him and I hate that, I hate it hate it hate it.

"God, Luke, I want to, but we can't do this now. Not just yet. I want your first time to be with someone that you are in love with. Someone that will love you to death, and I hope to be that someone, but I'm not in this moment, right now." Michael breathed, still lying on top of me, supporting his weight on his elbows.

I tossed over in my bed, light from the blinds creating bars across the navy blue bedspread. My bedspread. I hate being back in my own bed.

My mind must be getting really unoriginal, using a memory of a first kiss as a dream, but I'm really not complaining. I'd give anything to see Michael right now.

Thankfully, I won't have to wait that long.

The alarm clock to my right buzzed, signaling it was now 7:30 A.M. I rolled out of bed, my feet slightly unstable as I made my way to the opposite side of the bed. Calum lay in a burrito of blankets, snoring softly. I cooed at how cute he looked when he slept - his hair ruffled and lips pouty - before kicking him in the stomach. His eyes shot open and he coughed, shouting obscenitites at me.

I smiled (fearing it would be one of the last times I ever would), walking to my closet.

"You're a dumb fuck, you know that? I didn't have to sleep over last night, but no, me being the nice person I am, I decided to come over at one in the morning when my friend calls me crying! And you decide to kick me in the stomach? Jesus, Luke, th-" I cut off his rant, knowing he was out of breath.

"Quit being a pussy. Just get dressed. We have to go to court."

-

》Third Person

The trial had already started, Michael had already been in the witness box and the prosecutor and defense already gave their  closing arguments. Luke was there for everything except hearing Michael talked, and God he wanted to hear him talk. But now was the hard part. The part that Luke had been dreading since Michael had been arrested.

The verdict.

The jury was out for a mere 15 minutes. It was hell to Luke. Absolute hell. Not knowing whether or not Michael would ever be able to hold him again, or kiss his cheek, or make love to him ever again was Luke's version of hell.

Twelve people filed into the courtroom, their expressions cold and stony. Judge Moredock took a seat behind the stand and waited for the first juror to state the verdict.

Luke's breathing was heavy. He felt like he couldn't breathe.

The only thing on Michael's mind was who would take care of his Lukey.