t w e n t y - o n e

There are going to be some time skips in the upcoming chapters bc the legal system is very long and boring and I don't feel like writing out a hundred interviews and trials and shit

》Luke

"You have to get out of bed." Calum nudged my long-ago fallen asleep leg with his hand. My face was starting to get hot from being stuffed in a pillow, but seeing as I hadn't washed my face - or anything for that matter - in at least three days I didn't want to be very public about my face.

"Look, I know this is really shitty and I know this is hard for you to handle, but he's been gone for a week. Who knows how much longer he'll be gone. You need to take care of yourself, and be strong for him when he gets out." Calum had sat on the bed by now, but I wasn't.

I was up, for the first time in what felt like years for something other than peeing or getting a muffin. I was standing, probably mustering up disgusting smells of body odor, my hair so greasy you could probably cook food on it, but I was up. Fists clenching and furious tears already pouring out of my eyes.

"Do you understand remotely what he has done? Do you know how many people he has killed? Eight, Calum, eight fucking people! He's killed eight people and the police fucking know because he left behind a hair in his first kill. He's screwed, Calum, he's fucking screwed. He's never going to get out," Hot tears leaked down my cheeks and sob after obnoxious sob racked through my body. I could feel each wail rattle my ribcage and put tiny fractures in my heart because I realized I will never be held by him again.

I squatted to the ground and sat, pulling my knees to my chest and let every sob break my chest. Calum never said a word; he just sat there watching and waiting for the storm to pass but I had a sickening feeling that it never would if my Michael wasn't here with me.

--

really short update bc I feel horrible about not updating ugh I'm horrible sorrY

there's going to be weird shitty law stuff coming up and I think I'll write it correctly bc Law and Order but if I don't feel free to correct me on anything and I'll fix it

THIS IS AT 60K READS HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL LIFE I seriously wrote this just to get over my last story and I never thought this would get anywhere or be anyone's favorite story bc its weird and bloody and oh my god I love you guys so much

there's a cat on my tummy and I'm allergic to cats #truelove

this author's note is longer than the chapter hAAAAAAAA

Vote/Comment/Share

-Katie