EVEN with them

Once we get to the hospital the nurse won't let us see Johnny so Two-bit starts shouting.

" Well I wanna see this Doctor !" Two shouts wanting to see Johnny the Doctor comes along.

" Nurse! Nurse, it's alright they can see him plus it can't hurt now." The Doctor says.

" Alright the Doctor says you can go in. There's the room." The nurse says pointing us in the direction of a room.

"Hey, Johnny." Two says clearly feeling bad.

" Hey, y'all." Johnny croaks.

" How are they treating you kid?" Two asks Johnny doesn't say anything so Two pulls out the paper. " Look, got your picture in the paper for being ... a hero. Look at that." Two says placing it were Johnny can see it.

" Yeah that's tough enough, huh?" Johnny says, grinning.

" Guess you can look at it later. Do you want anything?" Two-bit says.

" A book, man. Can y'all get me another one?" Johnny says.

" I think he wants a copy of Gone with the wind, so I can read it to him. Would you mind going downstairs and getting one?" Pony asks nearly in tears.

" They got a gift shop downstairs, I'll go get it." Two says taking my hand noticing i'm crying.

" Two i'm scared." I whimper Two crouches down.

" Lena I don't mind if your scared, man i'm scared. I think I might be sick johnny don't deserve this so we're going to get what he wants." Two says nearly crying. Two-bit picks up the book and actually pays for it but not before he swiped something else. As me and Two come back Johnny's out cold were all really worried now.

" What's the matter with him?" Two asks scared.

" You just can't see him now." the nurse says full of sympathy, I start to cry.

" Pony, is he okay?" Two asks getting really scared.

" I don't know." Pony says crying.

" He's alright." The nurse reassures us seeing how worried we are.

" Make sure he gets this, all right ?" Two says handing the book to the nurse, then we all leave.

" OK." The nurse says.

" I've got a right to see him! He's my son! " Johnny's mother shouts at the nurse stopping her. He'd rather see these no-good- punks! Than his own mother! You scum! " Johnny's mother shouts at us.

" No wonder he hates your guts! You don't even care about him you damn drunk! You go straight to hell! You go right to hell!" Two says crying as I hug Pony crying into his shoulder. as we go to see Dally.

" You just!" Johnny's mother starts but is stopped by the nurse clearly believing everything.

" Come on!" The nurse shouts pulling Johnny's mother away.

" Get out! Just get out! You make my stomach sick!" Dally says to the nurse who is looking after him, laughing.

" How you doing?" Two asks shaking dally's hand.

" Hey, how you doing man?" Dally says clearly feeling better.

" Swiped you a gift, man." Two says throwing a Mickey mouse toy at Dally.

" It's good to see you guys,man. This place gives me the creeps." Dally says getting up to shut the door. " I want out! Tim Shepard dropped by. Said he spoke to you Lena and you ain't that bad accordin' to him. Also saw my picture in the paper and couldn't believe it didn't have "wanted dead or alive" written underneath." Dally says getting back into the bed. " He started rubbing it in about the rumble, man. I hate missing it. You got a cigarette, Pone?" Dally asks, Pony throws the pack at him. " Thanks... How is he? How's Johnny man?" Dally asks.

" Look Dal, er I don't know 'bout stuff like this. But he didn't look too good. Passed out cold before we left." Two says clearly feeling bad, Dally gets mad and throws his cigarette away.

"Look man you still got that knife on you?" dally asks Two.

" What?" Two says.

" The knife." Dally repeats. "Give me it will ya?" Dally asks Two pulls it out and flicks it open. " Thank you." Dally says when Two hand shim the knife. " You know we gotta win that fight tonight. We gotta get EVEN with those socs!" Dally says stabbing the bed. " Do it for Johnny man! Let's do it for Johnny." Dally says angry holding his hand open, then looking at the knife. Two decides now is a good time to leave.

"You okay Pone? Two- bit asks he feel's Pony's head. "Well you feel kind of hot." Two says

" I'm okay. Be a pal and don't tell Darry, OK Two-Bit, you to Lena? I'll take a bunch of aspirins when I get home." Pony says.

" All right. Darry will kill me if he finds out your sick, and you fight anyway." Two-bit says.

" I'm okay. Be a pal and don't tell Darry, OK Two-Bit, you to Lena? I'll take a bunch of aspirins when I get home." Pony says.

" You both keep your trap shut and he won't find nothing out." Pony says annoyed.

" You know the only thing that keeps Darry from being a soc is us." Two-bit says counting out his change for the bus.

" Yeah,I know." Pony says as Two hands him the money.

" Come on man." Two says.

" Tonight I don't like it one bit. Something awful's going to happen" Pony says.