Waiting

Two-bit and me just watched Mickey most of the day he tried to get me to eat something but i just told him I would sick it up again.

"You oright down there Lena, you seem pale. You wanna fall asleep or somethin?" Two asks.

"No. When's Darry get back Two?" I ask.

" 'Bout an hour. Shoot! Hey Lena you don't mind me dropping you of at the DX ? It's just I've got something I need to do." Two says.

" No I don't mind. I'll probably fall asleep anyway." I said.

10 Minutes later

" Soda" I say trying to look over the counter.

" Hey Luna. Two drop you off before he went to Buck's." Soda says.

"Yeah" I say.

"Hi Lena" Steve says picking me up and spinning me round. You feeling better?" He says.

I nod. The door opens two soc's walk in, Steve puts me down.

" We need one of you greasers to fix the car. It began choking 'bout a mile back." One of the soc's say.

The second soc see's me and points me out to his friend. The first one began coming towards me Soda and Steve step in front of me.

"Maybe you should go somewhere on your side of town." Steve says.

"No were oright and we ain't leaving till someone fixes are car." The second soc says.

"Yeah okay come back in an hour." Soda says.

"Okay but what about her" The first soc says pointing at me.

"What about her?" Soda says.

"Shut up Soda." Steve cuts in. "She's with us, so leave her alone. Now you can wait an hour or not wait at all." Steve says.

"Will wait an hour" The first soc says.

"Come on Lena" Soda says taking my hand and taking me to the work shop.

"Soda who were those people?" I ask, Soda groans.

" They were just some people from the other side of town" Soda says.

"That's not an answer" I say.

"Look it doesn't matter Lena" Soda snaps I whimper. "Argh, i'm sorry Luna it's just we don't get along" Soda says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just stop asking Lena. Wait till we get home then I'll explain everything to you." Soda says.

"Soda come here will ya" Steve ask's.

"Yeah sure thing Steve. Luna stay away from those people will ya" Soda asks and looks at me.

"Okay Soda" I say smiling.