Waiting for a flood

" Hey Lena wake up." Pony says shaking me.

" Why?" I whine rubbing my eyes.

" 'cause were going to see johnny and you need to come with us." Pony says handing me my

" Come on you two." Two-bit shouts into the house holding the door open.

Time skip

" I would drive but the brakes went out on my car." Two says to Pony who is carrying me as we try and hitch a lift. " Almost killed me and Cathy the other night. You ought to meet her brother now there's a hood, boy he's so greasy he glides when he walks. He goes to the barber shop for oil change not a hair cut!" Two says he turns around as soon as he sees a Mustang come up, that follows us for a while until we get to the convenience store.

" Stay close! Luna don't let go of me." Two says picking me up.

" What they want?" Pony asks.

" I don't know." Two-bit says. "How many guys were in the car?" Two says.

" There were five. Come on, lets hurry up inside." Pony says with a hint of worry in his voice.

" Wait a minute! Lets see what they want." Two says stopping Pony going inside.

" Why do you wanna see what they want?" Asks Pony getting curious.

" Just stay here." Two-bit says never taking his eyes off the car.

" I've got a bad feeling 'bout this." I say as the socs get out of the car.

" Well lets hope its wrong Lena." Pony says.

" No jabs before the rumble. You know the rules, ape face! " Two says tightening his grip on me.

" We know. I wanna talk to you!" Randy says, Pony looks at Two wanting to know if he can.

" Go ahead i'll keep my eyes on him." Two says to Pony.

" Come on." Randy says as Pony puts his poker face on.

" Speaking of the rumble, pal." One of the socs say I'm starting to get worried but if a fight breaks out there are Two other greasers here and this is are side of town.

" I'll give you a kick in the teeth as soon as I can." Two says to the soc we all start laughing ( apart from the socs ).

"You think that's funny?" a second soc says.

" Hey your the guy I saw at the last one who nearly pissed his pants." Twos says this earns another burst of laughter.

"Look at you." One of the greasers behind the socs say.

" Check out there pants! Oh that's the funniest thing! You boys waiting for a flood?" Two ask bursting out laughing. " I hear they stamp your face into gorilla cookies." Two says.

" Your funny." one of the socs say full of sarcasm.

" Oh yeah!" The first soc says getting angry.

"You need a little girl to protect you?" The first soc says.

" No, you use your trousers as an airbag." Two says getting a lot of laughs.

" What is she four? Parents sick of her so you look after her?" The second soc says, he just crossed the line though so I kick him were it hurts. He trys to get at me but Two steps in and stops him.

" Picking on kids are we not very brave." Two says.

" The rules are no jabs before the rumble!" the first soc shouts.

" Yeah but that applies to rumblers and she ain't gunna be in a rumble!" Two shouts clearly winning this argument.

" Your real funny Two-bit. Come on lets go!" The third soc says annoyed.

"Now get the hell out of here." One of the greasers on the cars say.

" See you at the rumble." The socs say, walking away.

" We're gunna kick some ass tonight." the greaser says.

" So what did Mr. super soc have to say?" Two asks.

" He ain't a soc. Just a guy that wanted to talk thats all." Pony says shrugging and walking off. what ever that guy said clearly got Pony thinking about something.

" Take care." Two says shaking one of the greasers hands.

" See you later. Take it easy! Tell me if that girl kicks any other socs asses!" The greaser says laughing, clearly having enjoyed the little show. Two teases the other greaser buy going to shake his hand and pulling it up at the last second, the greaser just shakes his head at Two-Bit.