Cracked

Soda wakes up to me crying into his pillow.

"What's wrong Lena?" Soda says putting his arm around me.

"I'm worried about Pony" I cry into Soda.

"Lena we all are" Soda says trying to comfort me.

"But I upset Darry because I was scared of him after he hit Pony" I say.

" You were scared Darry was shouting and he was mad because he didn't know were Pony was. Anyway Darry can be scary I think he scares Tim Shepard when he's completely mad."Soda explains.

"That's funny, hey Soda can you hear sobbing?" I say.

"Yeah, I can but there is no one else here" Soda says.

"What are you talking about Darry's here."I say a look of shock comes across Sodas face.

"Lena I think we should go and see Darry. He is really upset about what happened and scared ." Soda says looking at me.

"Yeah we should he didn't mean to be scary did he and I'm scared too. Darry's always been there when I'm scared so we should see him." I say.

"Darry" Soda says entering mine and his room.

"Darry i'm Sorry I didn't mean to make you sad"I say crawling under the sheets and trying to move his arm.

"Darry, come on we're all worried but it doesn't mean you can shut us out" Soda says getting into the bed as well.

"What happens if he's gone the same kind of gone like mom and dad" Darry says I start to cry in to Soda.

"Pony's to smart for that and he is probably with Johnny. Those two know who to avoid and where's safe they'll probably be back by morning." Soda says starting to cry as well.

" Not you two as well it's bad enough one of us in tears" Darry says looking up.

"So you better stop because cryings my thing" I sob Darry hugs me when I say it.

" We will have to wait till morning before we can do something." Soda says we all end up falling asleep me squished between Darry and Soda.

The next morning

"Loo" Dally say's walking through the door with Two-bit ,I stick my tongue out at him earning a chuckle from Two-bit, Darry walk's through the door glaring at Dally.Steve walks through the door punching Soda on the arm as he walks out the bathroom.

" Hey any one of you seen Johnny?" Two-bit asks everyone say's no Darry picks me up out his chair and puts me on his knee.

" How 'bout you Dally you seem to know were Johnny is most of the time." Two asks Dally h e shakes his head, me and Soda look at each other we both know he's hiding something.

" Maybe he and Pony just went out somewhere." Steve says .

" No that probably didn't happen" Darry says.

" What?" Steve asks looking at me, Darry and Soda. Two-bit tries to get me to tell him.

" Hey Lena you gunna tell us what happened." I shake my head and hug Darry avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"Come on guy's what happened!" Steve shout's clearly getting frustrated with none of us saying anything.

" That's it " Dally shouts he picks me up "either you guys are gunna say what happened or i'm gunna leave Lena at Bucks and everyone at his happens to be in the middle of a hangover."

" Pony ran" I blurt out everyone looks at me I start to cry so Dally put's me on Soda's Knee figuring a fight was about break out between him and Darry. Then there is a knock at the door Steve open's .

" Does Ponyboy Curtis and Johnny Cade live at this house." A police officer asks.

"Pony does but Johnny doesn't he normally stays here though." Steve says.

" Why's that then?" A younger police officer ask's.

" Mind your own business!" Dally shouts, Darry gets up.

" Why do you wanna know officer?" Darry asks.

" We believe they were involved in a murder." The first police officer ask's.

"What!" Everyone shouts.