14

Jule

I got woke up today by a phone call. I reached my phone and read the name of the caller.

Bestieis calling...

I was so happy. It's been months since Hana, my bestfriend came to school.

"Jule?" She said.

"Oh my God, it's really you! Hana. YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS." I shouted in excitement.

"Let's meet up. Then you can tell me evrything. Meet me at my favourite cafe in thirty minutes." She said.

"Sure. See you there." I said as I hanged up the call.

*

Is this the right one?

I saw a familiar cafe. I haven't been here for the past few months.

I went inside and ordered some fries and some ice tea. I searched the whole place for Hana while carrying my order.

There was a girl facing her back at me. I walked towards her.

"Ha... Hana?" I called.

That girl didn't looked like the Hana I knew. She was really pale and there's this weird device connected to her body.

A tear dropped off my eye.

"Jule." She called.

I sat down in front of her, wiping my tears.

"I'm dieing." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Those few months I've been dissapering... I'm diseased with cancer. I'm gonna die in a few days." She said.

"No... no... Don't leave me." I said as tears continue to leave my eyes and ran down my cheeks. "Let's just forget about that. Tell me what I missed." She said.

I speed-talked.

"There was this new kid named Joshua. He's REALLY handsome and he's such a gentle person. And we cuddled almost every night. Then hansol told me he liks me but I turned him down. And then that minimarket worker, Jun, told me he liked me. Then I met this pretty nice girl, Jan, who liked Joshua and then I became closer with Jun and Joshua became closer with Jan and then I became Jun's girlfriend. And Joshua became Jan's. And then we both broke up. Then me and Joshua finally confessed our love to each other. And now we're dating."

"This Joshua-guy sounds perfect for you." She said.

Speak of the Devil.

He entered the cafe. Gosh, he spotted me.

"Hey." I called him.

He walked closer to me.

"You left your phone." He said, handing me my phone. "I... How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I was beside you when you answered the phone call." He said.

I'm so dumb.

"Are you Joshua? Jule's girlfriend?" Hana aksed. "Yeah. You must be Hana." He replied. "Take good care of her, okay?" Hana said.

Her head suddenly fell to the table. I held her head back up.

"Hana?" I called.

"Bye, Jule. I'm sorry. And Thanks." She whispered as she exhaled her last breath.

I held her body with my arms.

Joshua intertwined his fingers with mine. "Hey, it's okay. She's happy now." He said. I wiped my tears. "You're right. I should be happy for her." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

*

Joshua

"Take good care of her, okay?"

Hana's last words spinned in my head. Jule's been wrapped by my arms since Hana's funeral finished. I ordered five boxes of large pizza and three bottles of  coke. We're both wrapped under some blankets, watching netflix and eating the food we ordered.

Jule started to laugh at the movie. I guess she's feeling a lot better. After a while, she fell asleep in my arms.

I hope you're smiling up there, Hana.

*